• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Finished Contract - Back to bench"

Collapse

• nomadd
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    I shall disagree with everyone.

Do that. Take a break. Have a holiday, then Xmas & New Year, then start fresh in January.
    I agree completely. Mind you, he's just finished a 14 month long contract, so he can afford it!

Still, I'd have a flick through Jobserve each day (only takes five minutes) and bang off a cv to anything that caught my eye that looked decent. No harm in that. Unless he goes away on holiday for Xmas, in which case, screw it.

Nomadd

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Sorry, I agree.

The Christmas period is a terrible time to be looking for gigs. Save the stress and don't bother.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied

Originally posted by secontrator View Post
    Just finished my contract (lucky to survive there for 14 months). I have decided not to apply for now as iam taking a break for 2 months just gearing for my new year adventure in job hunting.
    Do that. Take a break. Have a holiday, then Xmas & New Year, then start fresh in January.

When I finished in March we went on our first decent holiday for ages. Since then we have done nothing expensive; net result would have been yet another year without a holiday.

You've earned the time off, take it. Go somewhere warm. Then come back and think about perhaps doing some training. But take your time.

Looking for a new gig now when you are tired will be unproductive.

Leave a comment:

• Not So Wise
    replied
    Even though I am a firm believer in a Apr turn around I would listen to what Ruse says, in current climate would not sit around passing up ideal contracts. Know far to many people atm who's month/2 month breaks turned into 6-10 month breaks because of market conditions

Be 2011 until taking extended breaks is "viable"

Leave a comment:

• SuperZ
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
    This is how sasguru became a crack whore.
    Being London dweller didn`t help either.......

Leave a comment:

• Jeebo72
    replied
    Just finished my contract (lucky to survive there for 14 months). I have decided not to apply for now as iam taking a break for 2 months just gearing for my new year adventure in job hunting.

After reading some threads looks like things will turn around in the new year.

I will be in the market in Feb 2010.
    This is how sasguru became a crack whore.

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    Even if you apply for something now they might not want you to start until Jan.

Leave a comment:

• Ruse
    replied

Don't necessarily believe all you read on here ! Be careful what you wish for a 2 month break can quickly turn in to 7 months out of work, as it did for me.
    If I were you I would keep at least one eye on the job market and apply for anything if you are the perfect fit.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied

As life stories go I think it needs some fleshing out.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    and your point is ??

Leave a comment:

• secontrator
    started a topic Finished Contract - Back to bench

Finished Contract - Back to bench

Working...
X