• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should I dye my hair to get a job ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just shave it all orf! No need to bother with tihs dye-your-hair rubbish

What next, dye your pubes to solve your erectile disfunction?

PAH!

It's all about confidence, be the man!
    Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
      I don't know whether or not being a bit grey directly affects your chances, but dying your hair might make you feel more confident - and that can come over at interviews (and in other walks of life) too. Why not try one of the off the shelf semi-permanents? They last about 6-8 weeks, and fade naturally, so you don't have the hassle of keeping it up if it's not for you.
      Good luck!

They can look terrible.

Best to go to a hairdresser to get your hair dyed the first time.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

How about a blue rinse?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/womansho...mbe247x165.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post

PAH!

WHS

Comment

PAH!

I might give that a try. What colour works best?
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

yes. i always do.

Comment

No - shave your balls instead.

Xen
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                  Speaking as a bloke:

I dyed my hair earlier this year, that was quickly followed by 3 failed interviews which ruined my 100% success rate. It might have been a coincidence but then I've always played more on my real world experience than technical skill.
                  When the grey came back I secured a gig.

Needless to say, I'm reluctant to dye it again!
                  Took you cautionary advice on board, didn't dye my hair, had a permie interview this morning with grey hair. Turns out they wanted someone to take on a team lead role so the grey hair may work in my favour.., have to wait and see...

Comment

Working...
                  X