• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Should I dye my hair to get a job ?"

Collapse

• Ruse
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Speaking as a bloke:

I dyed my hair earlier this year, that was quickly followed by 3 failed interviews which ruined my 100% success rate. It might have been a coincidence but then I've always played more on my real world experience than technical skill.
    When the grey came back I secured a gig.

Needless to say, I'm reluctant to dye it again!
    Took you cautionary advice on board, didn't dye my hair, had a permie interview this morning with grey hair. Turns out they wanted someone to take on a team lead role so the grey hair may work in my favour.., have to wait and see...

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
    What next, dye your pubes to solve your erectile disfunction?
    No - shave your balls instead.

Xen

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    yes. i always do.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Just shave it all orf! No need to bother with tihs dye-your-hair rubbish

PAH!

It's all about confidence, be the man!
    I might give that a try. What colour works best?

Leave a comment:

• singhr
    replied

PAH!

WHS

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    How about a blue rinse?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/womansho...mbe247x165.jpg

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    I don't know whether or not being a bit grey directly affects your chances, but dying your hair might make you feel more confident - and that can come over at interviews (and in other walks of life) too. Why not try one of the off the shelf semi-permanents? They last about 6-8 weeks, and fade naturally, so you don't have the hassle of keeping it up if it's not for you.
    Good luck!

They can look terrible.

Best to go to a hairdresser to get your hair dyed the first time.

Leave a comment:

• stingman123
    replied

PAH!

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post

Originally posted by Toolpusher
    Something like this, perhaps?
    Tut, tut, tut. It should be white knickers with that outfit, Shirley?
    I said blond Yeah, white undies too. Maybe those yellow sunshades?

Do that and the contract world will be your lobster.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I don't know whether or not being a bit grey directly affects your chances, but dying your hair might make you feel more confident - and that can come over at interviews (and in other walks of life) too. Why not try one of the off the shelf semi-permanents? They last about 6-8 weeks, and fade naturally, so you don't have the hassle of keeping it up if it's not for you.
    Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by Toolpusher
    Something like this, perhaps?
    Tut, tut, tut. It should be white knickers with that outfit, Shirley?

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Speaking as a bloke:

I dyed my hair earlier this year, that was quickly followed by 3 failed interviews which ruined my 100% success rate. It might have been a coincidence but then I've always played more on my real world experience than technical skill.
    When the grey came back I secured a gig.

Needless to say, I'm reluctant to dye it again!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Depends on what you do. Some roles looking older is a benefit, other roles looking younger is a benefit.

If you think that it's your grey hair then dye it. However dying hair and keeping it up is a hassle......

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    ..nice manicure and firm handshake.

Nah, don't dye your hair. Wasn't meant to be perhaps, it's just hard to feel your confidence ebbing away I guess. Chin up

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Yes, go blond. Get a short skirt, pad yourself out a bit with a plunging neck line. Make sure you have some red on you.
    ..and don't forget the bang-bang heels....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X