• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EDS / HP possible contract....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EDS / HP possible contract....

How would you rate them?

Nuff said.

Comment

It's work. Take it.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

How does it compare to C$C - anyone know?

Comment

E$S - Nobody cares whats going on.
          C$C - Nobody knows whats going on.

Although that said (big organisations and all) there is much regional difference. Done them
          both and would go back but only because :-

As Mal said - its work, take it.
          Last edited by weemster; 30 October 2009, 10:52.

Comment

<cough> You are willing to turn down a gig that will either get you or will maintain you SC and quite possibly DV clearance? That don't make sense to me looking at all the posts about people needing it.

It is also likely to be a long term 'safe' gig and if you play your cards right you can get yourself on an hourly rate with as much overtime as there are hours in a day depending on where you working.

For the time of year and current climate I don't think you an do much better personally.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

EDS = HP now.

I've worked for all 3 - twice at EDS, twice at CSC - not many problems at any of them. Management can be a bit iffy, but where isn't that true?

Some permies have a bit of an us-and-them attitude but nowhere near as bad as in the public sector.

The American gobbledegook winds me up though! Especially when they fly someone in for an 'all-hands" or "townhall" - by which they just mean a meeting or presentation given in US-doubletalk. Loads of jargon.

Pleasant people at all of them. Agencies were annoying but paid on time in all cases.

However I always prefer to work for the end-client direct where possible.

I agree with the 'It's work - take it" view - there's no reason to refuse if it's offered.

Comment

Thanks for your comments.

I used to have SC - now lapsed.

Good point - could be a way of getting it back.

Comment

I used to have SC - now lapsed.

Good point - could be a way of getting it back.
                  Depends who the end client is. I worked on commercial projects, not Government, so no SC needed.

Comment

Ah yes. Dear old EDS. Spent a fair few years there. I always remember 'Dick King' (I kid you not, that was his name) the CEO's 'message to the troops' which he used to send out. It was all about which part of the world him and his wife were in at the time and he never quite mastered the art of the sentence. Everything ended in '......'

Works, work though - get in there. I found it good fun but as has been said depends whereabouts you are.

Cheers,
                    Spooner

"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." - Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                    X