• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security Checks and criminal record

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
    Sorry to be negative, but fessing up affected a friend of mine. On contract for about 14 months with no issues, then asked to leave after the form went in ... I guess it depends on what it's for ... good luck!

Just hope am not unlucky, but life goes on even if it goes the other way.

Not the end of the world.

Comment

From what i can remenber it was

Handling stolen goods (mobile phones) and theft (a battery from boots) damm what i used to do when i was young.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        Why? Clearly here's a case of someone geting secure work without clearance. I thought that was not only impossible but unnecessary. Or have I misunderstood your earlier posts?
        I suggest you read again my posts.

This person has a competitive advantage (ie, he`s in a contract that now requires it). They have experience and a skill nobody else has, good for them!!!And it`s worth it to get them cleared. I suppose you think the client should now advertise these posts posts so other non-cleared candidates can apply for them, in case they`re missing out? It`s unfair isn`t it?

I have no issue at all with people obtaining it as I hope my posts show, just certain thinking and girly whinging

SAme for you or anyone else. COme here and announce you`ve landed a position and getting cleared and I`d be for youalso
        Last edited by SuperZ; 13 October 2009, 15:24.

Comment

Originally posted by beemarman View Post
          From what i can remenber it was

Handling stolen goods (mobile phones) and theft (a battery from boots) damm what i used to do when i was young.
          It was a long time ago and you were young, I`m sure you`ll be okay

Comment

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post

I suggest you read again my posts.

This person has a competitive advantage (ie, he`s in a contract that now requires it). They have experience and a skill nobody else has, good for them!!! I suppose you think the client should now advertise these posts posts so other non-cleared candidates can apply for them, in case they`re missing out? It`s unfair isn`t it?

I have no issue at all with people obtaining it as I hope my posts show, just certain thinking and girly whinging

SAme for you or anyone else. COme here and announce you`ve landed a position and getting cleared and I`d be for youalso
            Really don't get irony, do you... Or Malvolio, come to that.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              Really don't get irony, do you... Or Malvolio, come to that.
              Oh, I think I do, on both counts . I bet you`ve even interpretted my last post differently than how others may see it.
              Last edited by SuperZ; 13 October 2009, 15:38.

Comment

Working...
              X