• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I have the clients number and I'm tempted to use it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the clients number and I'm tempted to use it

Hi,

Had an interview a few weeks ago - it went brilliantly. Client gave me her email address and telephone number if I wanted to contact her privately (I decided not for the moment). Got feedback from the agent that was pretty glowing. I was told to I would find out if I got the gig or not in a week or 2. It's now a month since the interview and....nothing.

Now I don't know what to make of this because this application process has been an ongoing slow saga since July (it took the client 8 weeks to review my CV and organise an interview).

Then... nothing.

I've spoken to the agent last week who told me 'he would get back to me' that was a week ago. Nada...zip.

I can't control the clients decison... things happen. Still, I have to admit I am fed up of the wait and being fobbed off and I'm wondering what's the professional way of contacting the client direct without putting the agents nose out of joint?

The client rep has asked you to call. Open the conversation something like "You said for me to call you etc.........."
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Phone now

[QUOTE=strawberrysmoothie;970809]Hi,

Had an interview a few weeks ago - it went brilliantly. Client gave me her email address and telephone number if I wanted to contact her privately (I decided not for the moment). Got feedback from the agent that was pretty glowing. I was told to I would find out if I got the gig or not in a week or 2. It's now a month since the interview and....nothing.

QUOTE]

I am currently in contact directly with the client and the agency for my next
      contract with both parties in the picture so I don't understand your problem.
      As long as you don't end up signing direct what's the problem.
      Your client might appreciate your intestest as they realise that the agent is a plonker

Comment

You have the number, nothing wrong with a polite call.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Ive phoned client interviewers in the past. Not had a problem with any of them yet.
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

^WTS.

However, as it has been a week since you last tried to speak to the agent, I'd give him another quick call to see if you can get an update from him.

If no luck, call the client.

Comment

You could simply use the 'I've been asked for an interview at X but I'm really keen on the role you interviewed me for but obviously don't want to miss this opportunity if your role is not going to happen."
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Every single job I've ever successfully interviewed for, contracting or permanent, I've been called back within a couple of hours of the interview at most and given an immediate offer.

On the other hand, I've had quite a few which have dragged on like this case - encouraging interview, enthusiastic client... nothing more for weeks, then maybe some kind of communication to say I didn't get the job.

But it's always possible that this client is genuinely really slow.

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
                  Every single job I've ever successfully interviewed for, contracting or permanent, I've been called back within a couple of hours of the interview at most and given an immediate offer.

On the other hand, I've had quite a few which have dragged on like this case - encouraging interview, enthusiastic client... nothing more for weeks, then maybe some kind of communication to say I didn't get the job.

But it's always possible that this client is genuinely really slow.
                  Mr N is going through this atm, he's had several phone interviews with clientco and he's been contacted direct by HR person within a few hours to arrange the follow on interview. He had final phone interview which went well, next steps would be face to face and he's had nowt since.

The pimp he's dealing with is seriously wet behind the ears and I've said for him to contact the HR person direct.

This is the second role that seems to have a flurry of interest and then nada.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

It's now a month since the interview and....nothing.
                    The chances are the position has been filled by someone else, or they're incredibly disorganised. I would phone your agent back and get them to chase it.

Comment

Working...
                    X