• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indemnity insurance and PCG - advise req.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indemnity insurance and PCG - advise req.

OK, just realised my Professional Indemnity insurance has lapsed. I've been offered a contract, but need to get min. £1 million cover for both Employers and Public.

Anyone recommend where I should go to get some cover - fast! The agency want to turn all this around in the next few days.

I'm also going to join the PCG (not joined yet!) So do you think it's worth doing the insurance via them at the same time? If so, which level of PCG membership are people going for? Any comments/ recommendations greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Nomadd
    nomadd liked this post

I use QDOS ... so far so good ... in that I've never had to use it! Also get a bundle with the IR35 insurance....

Comment

Some agencies don't like / understand the shared liability that is part of the PCG insurance scheme. My last client (albeit that was a while ago ) apparently didn't like it and said it was no good - they didn't question it for me, but a different agency told others that they couldn't accept it on that contract.

That said, having seen the quality of their work, I can understand why shared liability might have been risky
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

QDOS - does what it says on the tin
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          QDOS - does what it says on the tin
          You been spending too much time DIY'ing me thinks!!
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

PCG+ member and use their Ins bundle through randall dorling (sp?)

Comment

PI insurance is a big rip off, IMO. Why agencies insist on this I don't know. You can pay up to £500 a year and then you have to keep paying it for six years afterwards. So to cover a 12 month contract can cost you £3500.

And if you do get sued, so what? You've got a limited (liability) company.

And in any case, an unhappy client would have to sue the agent first.
              Cats are evil.

Comment

For what it's worth I joined the PCG yesterday and got the plus membership £220 + VAT

I then kept my PI with Qdos as this was still the best deal.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                  And if you do get sued, so what? You've got a limited (liability) company.
                  Unless they can prove that the directors were negligent...
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by

And if you do get sued, so what? You've got a [I
                    limited[/I] (liability) company.

Well if your bank account is always empty ... but you can get your accounts frozen. £500 a year aint too bad, and after all, you are a professional company, not an employee!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X