• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

passport

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    No passport here either, ever since I moved over from Egypt and opened a corner shop in knightsbridge - I remain hopeful one day my application shall be successful.

Sorry laddy, I don't think that you will ever be granted UK citizenship.

Comment

Agencies asking for copies of my passport drives me wild! Hays even wanted me to take it to an office so they could see it before I went for an interview!! So after a few years of moving between agencies, copies of your passport could be in the files of dozens of companies - and it only takes one break-in .................. Given the level of competence of the average agent, there's no way I'm comfortable putting such personal information in their sticky little hands.

So I send copies with dob, passport no., etc. blanked out. Some of them argue - but they usually back down and accept it with a note that I am not prepared to give them so much personal information - data protection and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by SillyMilly View Post

So I send copies with dob, passport no., etc. blanked out. Some of them argue - but they usually back down and accept it with a note that I am not prepared to give them so much personal information - data protection and all that.
        I like that good idea.

As a citizen, whose parents who have had more generations going back on this land than I care to remember*, I'm subject to more checking than those who are not supposed to be here - it's a terrible state of affairs when at citizen must jump through so many hoops to prove there ID.

*I've checked and I think the earliest scooter was a viking
        Last edited by scooterscot; 24 September 2009, 08:32.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Bloody illegal immigrants

Comment

You could argue the earliest scooter was ...

A) Swinging from trees, scratching his a**e, eating banana's and avoiding dinosaurs or..

B) Some bloke wearing nothing but a fig leaf with a bird who had a fondeness for apples

but lets not get in to THAT debate.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X