• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone working/worked in Cambridge?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I don't have the address, but I'm told the site is a few hundred metres from the station (which I'll round up to 1/2 mile), I was the one who assumed that meant city-centre.
    Very Pretty

Full of Students

More Bikes than China

HTH
    'elf and safety guru

Comment

have and am

Comment

Originally posted by thelace View Post
        Very Pretty

Full of Students

More Bikes than China

HTH
        i did a 3 months contract there and i have never seen so many bikes in one town . Train station isnt central and i would give it a good 15 min walk to the centre. Overall, beautiful town, very historical and a good night life.

Comment

Currently gigging in Cambridge near the station. It's handy for the city centre (Google appears to walk quite slowly compared to me), the place is very scenic, the pavements are narrow and full of tourists, and the roads are narrow and full of cycling students.

There's no end of good pubs and restaurants, and a vibrant cultural life if you're into theatre/museums/art galleries/evening lectures/gigs.

Accommodation can be a bit pricey, but still cheaper than London. For some reason the cheaper BnBs tend to be towards the south of the city. Parking around the centre is expensive unless you can get it included with your accommodation. I'm at a hotel towards the edge of town in the north-east, mainly because that's the road to and from home - I could probably find something cheaper nearer the centre if I didn't need somewhere to park.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            For some reason the cheaper BnBs tend to be towards the south of the city.
            Simply because it's not quite as nice as Chesterton, which is the north Cambridge B&B-land.

Comment

Working...
            X