• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My first bad experience as a contractor - Investment Banking - Ho Hum *LONG POST*

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by krytonsheep View Post
    "Who the f*** are you? What the f*** are you doing? I want a hand written A4 sheet of paper by Friday explaining exactly what you are doing."...
    Easy. Write: "I am currently hand writing on a sheet of A4 paper precisely exactly what I am doing at this moment, as per request from f***wit boss." until the sheet of A4 is full.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Worked somewhere similar, phoneys4you, management by intimidation. It was a stepping stone for me so could handle it and we had a good laugh about the weekly management meetings which were a scream even if you were getting the grief.
      Toughened me up a bit and not much phases me in a work situation. I tend to take the p!ss when people have a go direct, student and shared houses mean I am always ready to attack.
      If confronted on the question of what are you doing, my answer would be work as directed by the team management, you hired me, I presume you have some reason for doing that and a plan for how I am to be utilised. Your job is to turn up and make yourself available, their job is to deploy resources as needed. If they bin you for that, I suspect you will have lost little, I wouldn't walk though, won't give them the satisfaction, not unless I have sorted a lifeboat first - but that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
        is that REALLY worth it? it's just digging yourself an early grave man
        Was worth it at the time, contractor79. But I dont do it any more.
        I want my wife and baby to recognise who I am
        'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
        Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Working...
        X