• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Job interview(permie) - Bad if they don't ask for your salary expectations ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job interview(permie) - Bad if they don't ask for your salary expectations ?

Had my First round of interviews for a permie role 2 days ago and still awaiting outcome.

Is it a bad omen if the interviewer (this chap is one of the managers, but not the department head) doesn't ask you for your ££ expectations during your first round of interviews ? Am I just over analyzing things ? LOL

cheers guys

Originally posted by xenopus View Post
    Is it a bad omen if the interviewer (this chap is one of the managers, but not the department head) doesn't ask you for your ££ expectations during your first round of interviews?
    Not if there to be further interviews.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Certainly not if there is an agency involved. Leaving salary negotiations to the agent makes it far more simple for all involved.

If there is no agency involved, I would concentrate all efforts on other roles - def not a good sign! Def not end of the world either.

Comment

Had my First round of interviews for a permie role 2 days ago and still awaiting outcome.

Is it a bad omen if the interviewer (this chap is one of the managers, but not the department head) doesn't ask you for your ££ expectations during your first round of interviews ? Am I just over analyzing things ? LOL

cheers guys
        I have no idea, since I'm not a permie...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          I have no idea, since I'm not a permie...
          Meeow

Comment

Is it a bad omen if the interviewer (this chap is one of the managers, but not the department head) doesn't ask you for your ££ expectations during your first round of interviews ?
            1. Yes.
            2. Didn't you mention it? I would of done.

Nomadd
            nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
              1. Yes.
              2. Didn't you mention it? I would of done.

Nomadd
              Not the right thing to do - as per previous post, discuss all salary requirements via the agent - that way you can play harder ball without harming any potential relationships before starting the role

Comment

Originally posted by herman_g View Post
                Certainly not if there is an agency involved. Leaving salary negotiations to the agent makes it far more simple for all involved.

If there is no agency involved, I would concentrate all efforts on other roles - def not a good sign! Def not end of the world either.

No agencies here. Applied straight to HR.

And the manager who interviewed me seemed to be in a hurry (new software release due end of this week apprently!)

Oh well ! Not gonna get my hopes up for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn View Post
                  Meeow
                  This is a contractor's forum, just in case you hadn't noticed...
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

... but there is a lot of interest from contractors who are thinking of going permie, so I think this kind of question is allowed.

I had a permie interview a while ago, and salary wasn't mentioned because it was all done through the HR department, it would have been discussed when the job was being offered - not that I got it, been contracting too long and they didn't think I would like it.

Comment

Working...
                    X