• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fustration in investment banking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    well...it's not ironic is it....who do you think you are Alanis Morrisette?
    It rained on my wedding day. That was indeed quite ironic.

Comment

Originally posted by herman_g View Post
      The attitude in the market by employers today is appalling.

F' em all. As they reject more and more candidates, the price just seems to go higher until they find that "special" candidate for the job.
      WHS
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I once walked from an interview when they announced that they were planning a days worth of interview 'tasks' from 9 am to 5 pm for a panel of interviewees.

In fact, one by one we all got up and just marched out.

It really is too stupid to contemplate why anyone would need to go through this.

Summat else will turn up with half the stress levels and you'll be glad you didn't get it.

Comment

Re: getting rejected because you corrected their technical misunderstanding - when I have been the interviewer and the interviewee has pointed out a mistake, I definitely put that as a plus point.

I remember asking a few detailed questions and code snippets about java threading, which this one candidate passed fine but then added "of course, you'd never do it this way now because of all new concurrent package."

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope View Post
            Re: getting rejected because you corrected their technical misunderstanding - when I have been the interviewer and the interviewee has pointed out a mistake, I definitely put that as a plus point.

I remember asking a few detailed questions and code snippets about java threading, which this one candidate passed fine but then added "of course, you'd never do it this way now because of all new concurrent package."
            The problem was he was alleging I didn't know my onions, because of his less than 100% knowledge of the technology (I would give him that the other 90% was very good). So I think I had to correct him slightly.

Problem with IB is that they do tend to interview at least twice for a job, but then renumeration is better than outside the industry. My rate reflects significant IB knowledge.

I try to see technical interviews that I don't get the job as training (where I don't know something). Fustration being when one has done their homework.

Comment

Working...
            X