• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Prince2 and ITIL

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could just do the ITIL foundation and the Prince2 foundation with self study and take the exam. If you book it via a course it is more costly.

I would be interested to hear about and Scrum courses if anyone has attended them in London.

Comment

Originally posted by dozer View Post
      msp to become a test manager? sounds like bollocks.
      I hope it is bollocks because I have absolutely no idea what msp is

Comment

Management of Successful Programmes. The HMG-preferred protocol for large project control, evolved out of one of the very rare sucessful major programme implementations. The only difference between MSP and PRINCE/Prince2 is the use of mandatory gateway peer reviews (useful for HMG because they can stop runaway programmes from running too far. What a shame they are utterly ineffective in acheiving that aim!.)

At the end of the day, all any of them do is ensure you are aware of all the key stages in a project life-cycle. And if you don't know that already, you probably shouldn;' be trying to be a PM - which is no doubt why 99% of expereinced PMs take no notice of them
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by HeadOfTesting View Post
          I hope it is bollocks because I have absolutely no idea what msp is
          ..a quote from a current vacancy "Mandatory skills; Prince 2 and MSP methodology, OGC Gateway reviews experience" for what seems like a standard Test Manager position. Oh, and of course it also asks for current SC Clearance.

Comment

Originally posted by Belle View Post
            ..a quote from a current vacancy "Mandatory skills; Prince 2 and MSP methodology, OGC Gateway reviews experience" for what seems like a standard Test Manager position. Oh, and of course it also asks for current SC Clearance.
            i read that as understanding the methodology, which as already stated is one in the same for both prince2 and msp. most organisations use their own governance systems, i would be highlighting youre familiar with gating process etc.

security clearance is another kettle of fish.

Comment

Working...
            X