• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2 job offers problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turning down a job won't cheese them off. It is things like accepting the offer and then rectracting. A straight speedy rejection is the best way. They'll have a backup candidate from their interviews.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      turning down a job won't cheese them off. It is things like accepting the offer and then rectracting. A straight speedy rejection is the best way. They'll have a backup candidate from their interviews.
      Not always true. Some HR departments/companies will send the rejection letters out when they`ve made their choice. If the lucky candidate then refuses the position, the whole recruitment process starts again, so best not to string them along. Similar thing happened to me last year, I never did take the position.

In the past I was offered a job after one interview and felt guilty as hell when I was told the client had cancelled all further interviews because they liked me so much- yikes. The pressure was on to take it, but I didn`t.
      Last edited by SuperZ; 11 August 2009, 15:56.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
        In the past I was offered a job after one interview and felt guilty as hell when I was told the client had cancelled all further interviews because they liked me so much- yikes. The pressure was on to take it, but I didn`t.

Yes! and the whole multi-national conglomerate was banking on you and 000's of jobs depended on your acceptance.....or maybe.....agent spoke with forked tongue. Then again, do they have any other type of tongue

Comment

Originally posted by mace View Post
          What do you do, if you want the 2nd job that may offer but have got a firm offer from the less desirable one but don't want to cheese off the less desirable firm as I may need them in the future as I work in a niche market?

Are these contract or permi jobs? All the talk about HR inteviews and the like...sounds like permi jobs.

If permi, then please ask on www.permiuk.com, or perhaps, www.imsogoodandindemandIhave2offers.com

Comment

Working...
          X