• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ka....boomed!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ka....boomed!

after 6 long months on the bench i have finally jagged a new contract, even negotiated a rate increase! only downside is relocating to zurich and flights to and fro every few weeks. just wanted to give you all some hope, any advice for living in zurich would also be appreciated, best areas to live etc.....stay positive

Originally posted by dozer View Post
    after 6 long months on the bench i have finally jagged a new contract, even negotiated a rate increase! only downside is relocating to zurich and flights to and fro every few weeks. just wanted to give you all some hope, any advice for living in zurich would also be appreciated, best areas to live etc.....stay positive
    So reading in between the lines. There are no jobs / contracts in the UK. Start looking in Zurich if you want some work. Excellent work dozer.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

unfortunately yes, i seem to recall a few threads saying the same thing, the continent seems to be the way to go. just happy to be off the bench .

Comment

only downside is relocating to zurich and flights to and fro every few weeks.
        As downsides go, that's pretty hefty...though probably only if you have a family.

Comment

Originally posted by EddieNambulous View Post
          As downsides go, that's pretty hefty...though probably only if you have a family.
          agreed, so is having to draw money from your credit card to pay your rent, was a no brainer in the end.

Comment

agreed, so is having to draw money from your credit card to pay your rent, was a no brainer in the end.
            Indeed - that'll probably be most of us soon. Well, good luck with it.

Comment

It is nice and hot at the moment, you can pop down to the lake after work and go for a swim. I usually plough up and down the open air swimming pool just near work.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Dozer, new to contracting myself but again I bagged a role in Belgium with NATO.....
                Not popular with the missus but better than the dole cue.
                I've lived on the continent before on two occasions and I'm sure you'll enjoy it in Zurich.

Comment

thanks guys, mrs dozer is hinting at some antwerp rock to make up for the time away, last time i tell her about an increase.

Comment

If you bought her a stick of Zurich rock....do you think that would do?

Comment

Working...
                    X