• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: ka....boomed!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "ka....boomed!"

Collapse

• SillyMilly
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    Also Boomed!

Dozer and good luck!

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
    So reading in between the lines. There are no jobs / contracts in the UK. Start looking in Zurich if you want some work. Excellent work dozer.
    Yes that is what I have found - no-one in the UK with a ready approved budget to start work, so I am very happy to say I am no longer part-time; the remaining half of my week has been filled by my client abroad selling my services to his client in Eastern Europe! I get the same rate though travel time is not paid for (I only need to fly once in 3 or 4 weeks) and work from home the rest of the time - my client benefits as he makes a margin which he can use to offset what he pays me for the first half of the week, so everybody wins.

Leave a comment:

• Roamer77
    replied
    If you bought her a stick of Zurich rock....do you think that would do?

Leave a comment:

• dozer
    replied
    thanks guys, mrs dozer is hinting at some antwerp rock to make up for the time away, last time i tell her about an increase.

Leave a comment:

• Roamer77
    replied
    Dozer, new to contracting myself but again I bagged a role in Belgium with NATO.....
    Not popular with the missus but better than the dole cue.
    I've lived on the continent before on two occasions and I'm sure you'll enjoy it in Zurich.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    It is nice and hot at the moment, you can pop down to the lake after work and go for a swim. I usually plough up and down the open air swimming pool just near work.

Leave a comment:

• EddieNambulous
    replied
    Originally posted by dozer View Post
    agreed, so is having to draw money from your credit card to pay your rent, was a no brainer in the end.
    Indeed - that'll probably be most of us soon. Well, good luck with it.

Leave a comment:

• dozer
    replied
    Originally posted by EddieNambulous View Post
    As downsides go, that's pretty hefty...though probably only if you have a family.
    agreed, so is having to draw money from your credit card to pay your rent, was a no brainer in the end.

Leave a comment:

• EddieNambulous
    replied
    only downside is relocating to zurich and flights to and fro every few weeks.
    As downsides go, that's pretty hefty...though probably only if you have a family.

Leave a comment:

• dozer
    replied
    unfortunately yes, i seem to recall a few threads saying the same thing, the continent seems to be the way to go. just happy to be off the bench .

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    after 6 long months on the bench i have finally jagged a new contract, even negotiated a rate increase! only downside is relocating to zurich and flights to and fro every few weeks. just wanted to give you all some hope, any advice for living in zurich would also be appreciated, best areas to live etc.....stay positive
    So reading in between the lines. There are no jobs / contracts in the UK. Start looking in Zurich if you want some work. Excellent work dozer.

Leave a comment:

• dozer
    started a topic ka....boomed!

ka....boomed!

after 6 long months on the bench i have finally jagged a new contract, even negotiated a rate increase! only downside is relocating to zurich and flights to and fro every few weeks. just wanted to give you all some hope, any advice for living in zurich would also be appreciated, best areas to live etc.....stay positive

Working...
X