• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Investment Banking Contracts [Networking]

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
    People who boast like you do invariably have a deep-routed inferiorty complex that stems back to their childhood. You may want to get that looked into - it must be dreadful for you.
    After nearly 1700 views of this thread he hasn't, as far as I can tell, had a single other poster express anything like similar views to his. Despite this he continues to spout this opinion off as fact in the face of popular opinion, other peoples experiences etc. This can only lead me to the following conclusion:
    RedTag is either CyberTory or his dumber twin.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      After nearly 1700 views of this thread he hasn't, as far as I can tell, had a single other poster express anything like similar views to his. Despite this he continues to spout this opinion off as fact in the face of popular opinion, other peoples experiences etc. This can only lead me to the following conclusion:
      I am suprised there has only been one. There are quite alot of arogant morons in IBs. The more arogant the thicker and stupid they tend to be.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I am suprised there has only been one. There are quite alot of arogant morons in IBs. The more arogant the thicker and stupid they tend to be.
        WHS.

Btw, I hope that my responses weren't seen as too arrogant? It's very important to me that I get all of this IB-tulip off me!

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
          Ah, that's an interesting point. I wonder....

The real hoot of these "mine's bigger than yours" types is that he clearly doesn't realise that there are people here who have gone beyond basic contracting and actually run their own consultancies now. His one revenue stream versus their multiple revenue streams. Yup, he must be the richest!

<philosophical mode>

....quite apart from the fact that a nurse (for example) is infinitely richer than most people in IT - just not in the financial sense. I would suggest that shows how f***ed up our society is....it should be the other way around. Doubtless this character thinks he is doing something really worthwhile though

</philosophical mode>
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
            WHS.

Btw, I hope that my responses weren't seen as too arrogant? It's very important to me that I get all of this IB-tulip off me!
            I didn't think so
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
              I didn't think so
              Thanks, I appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                As for the behaviour of the ****** that do the gambling ('speculating' my arse), I am not surprised there is a never-ending stream of abuse court cases. I do wonder how many of them get quietly murdered or beaten up by their service-department colleagues. If I saw one of them on fire I'd piss on him just enough to keep the fire going as long as possible but not long enough to put it out. I can safely say 'him' without being sexist. The occasional 'woman' was a MAWBAM anyway.
                Sorry
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by RedTag View Post
                  What is primarily different is the quality of the people technically, but also the attitude to getting things done and doing things the right way. Non-performers are weeded out very quickly and ruthlessly - and this feeds into the "unique culture".

For me, it's basically the equivalent of public vs. private sector. You couldn't pay me enough to go back to non-IB. We're paid premium because we are premium. Feel free to make up whatever excuse you want for not liking that factual statement.

No, don't stop there, tell them all about international talent and the other great bits you picked up.

When you can't tell that there are lots of duds around you, you're the incompetent one. Seriously, I once listened to a presentation where the bank-expert was explaining how Hibernate was inherently slow

Dude, you must be totally useless if you can't tell how stupid and arrogant most of the techie bods in IBs are. Even GS has this problem.
                  Last edited by BarbarianAtTheDoor; 21 July 2009, 23:27.

Comment

Originally posted by BarbarianAtTheDoor View Post
                    Dude, you must be totally useless if you can't tell how stupid and arrogant most of the techie bods in IBs are. Even GS has this problem.
                    Not convinced about GS. There certainly have some stupid and arrogant ones there : but GS a cut above all other IBs.

Comment

I respectfully disagree. I've seen a shoddy engineer become a passable manager at GS, social engineering does wonders everywhere.

Comment

Working...
                      X