• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

8 days left on contract, can I just walk...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that's baloney they'll just get another contractor, especially easy at the moment. Try and give them a few days for a handover, and offer a few weekends, or odd days.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Go sick or similar 'bull' excuse as suggested earlier. Never say anything about the new gig.

The problem with being honest and trying to negotiate early exit is that you have to show your cards and you give them a chance to say no. If they do say no, then what - you will leave anyway and your bridge is burnt, and they may give problems like not signing the last timesheet.

Comment

Just ask for an increase of your money. 50%

Comment

Pass your role onto me and waltz into your new role

HTH
          Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Yes you can just walk. No you don't have to lie to do it, man up instead.

Just because your contract says it's between day 1 and day 200 (for example), it doesn't say you have work every day. It says you need to have a signed timesheet for the days you work.

So, in this case, all you need to do is tell your line manager you are not in for those days.

Is it a good idea? Only you will know...
            Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post

So, in this case, all you need to do is tell your line manager you are not in for those days.

Is it a good idea? Only you will know...
              But that won`t go down well, days 'not in' should be negotiated.

Again based on Ratewhores don`t lie approach, take it a little further and just be honest and tell them you want to leave a little earlier and hopefully they`ll let you go early. Or speak to new client and tell them you can start a few days later than origianlly planned.

Just think, you`re also representing contractors everywhere. Piss them off and they might be more relucant to use contractors in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
                But that won`t go down well, days 'not in' should be negotiated.
                Not where I am, but I appreciate that's just my experience and others will differ...
                Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                X