• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stress Testing / Scenario Analyses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    fixed (obviously I have no idea if you actually can but I'm guessing neither does the client.
    The problem in that neck of the woods is that there are so few negative events (e.g., defaults) that tracking their frequency to changes in GDP or unemployment rate create hugely statistically insignificant outputs.

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
      The problem in that neck of the woods is that there are so few negative events (e.g., defaults) that tracking their frequency to changes in GDP or unemployment rate create hugely statistically insignificant outputs.
      ..and you can tell them that during the course... (throw in a few PowerPoint/Excel pie charts for value, obv... )
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        ..and you can tell them that during the course... (throw in a few PowerPoint/Excel pie charts for value, obv... )
        Yep

I spent six weeks in Hong Kong last year trying to work out how to do it and still didn't get a reasonable answer!

Comment

Around 10 years ago I had to train a bunch of Korean build engineers on teh build process for our system. I found they never ask questions and always say they understand. I thought it was all a breeze until the last day when we had hands-on labs and I sh!t my pants that they hadn't picked up a thing.

That's why I'm not a trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
            Around 10 years ago I had to train a bunch of Korean build engineers on teh build process for our system. I found they never ask questions and always say they understand. I thought it was all a breeze until the last day when we had hands-on labs and I sh!t my pants that they hadn't picked up a thing.

That's why I'm not a trainer.
            Interestingly that's part of my concern, hence pop quizzing

Comment

101 Trainer tip No79:

Never believe any student who just nods when you say "Do you understand?"

101 Delegate tip No1:

Never rate any trainer dumb enough to ask the question "Do you understand?"

HTH.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

101 Trainer tip No79:

..and multiply that by 1000 for any asian classes - it's not in their culture to say "No" to that question...

Comment

101 Trainer tip No79:

101 Delegate tip No1:

Never rate any trainer dumb enough to ask the question "Do you understand?"

HTH.
                  WS(H?)S

I don't ask the question as blatantly as that - I simply hit people up with pop quizzes asking someone to explain it back to me. That's the way I gauge understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
                    2. Is this as much of a con as it sounds?
                    You wake up in a cold bath, in the bathroom of your hotel room. A note next to the handily placed phone says "call an ambulance immediately". You have a strange hollow feeling where your kidneys used to be.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      You wake up in a cold bath, in the bathroom of your hotel room. A note next to the handily placed phone says "call an ambulance immediately". You have a strange hollow feeling where your kidneys used to be.
                      Sounds like the morning after most office xmas parties I've been to.

Comment

Working...
                      X