• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Newbie needs help and advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charities
    Very worthy and explains why you have to do everything alone.

I'm afraid I think the rates will be at the lower end of the scale. They're doing this to save money, and I don't think "business" arguments wash with these kinds of organisations.

Still good luck.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Rate

Originally posted by setao
      This is an Oracle 9i Developer role using Forms 10g, JDeveloper, Designer, Reports 10g (maybe Java). I will also be undertaking a major data migration, consolidation and clean up exercise involving 4 databases that are to become one. As well as conducting the training and writing the application user guide/ manuals. Now I have done all this before so the role itself although not easy is one I can do.

My question really is what rate do I charge for all this 'expert' project work? (I have 10 years experience in my field)
      Hi Setao,
      I have quite a similar skill set to you. Where's the job? (just kidding). If the role is in the South you could reasonably look for upwards of £400, North of London more like £350. If your description of the role/skills is accurate anything less than that is below average.

Mike

Comment

Working...
      X