• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Perm job - asked to pay for training courses attended upon handing in notice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Claim she was forced to take the treining or lose her job. She was then forced to sign the agreement or lose her job.
    It was this attitude that caused her to look elsewhere and she considers the demand for repayment as extortion.

Or pay the bill as the employer was doing her a favour in advancing her career in the first place. She could have given notice before accepting the training.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Thanks again everybody for the vast range of opinions voiced. Lots of food for thought and you've all been helpful in enabling to work out how to move forward.

I'm slightly disappointed at the judgemental nature of many of the posts, but with hindsight perhaps it would have been best to provide a bit more background info to help people understand why the situation isn't quite as black and white as it may first appear.

But I guess it's a bit late for that now.

Comment

Originally posted by chicane View Post
        I'm slightly disappointed at the judgemental nature of many of the posts, but with hindsight perhaps it would have been best to provide a bit more background info to help people understand why the situation isn't quite as black and white as it may first appear.

You asked for opinions and got some you didnt like. Stop going on about people being judgemental. If you dont like the answer, dont ask the question.

Its as clear as ******* day that your missus agreed to the deal but now wants to renage on it.

As I said, far too many people do this nowaday and it seriously needs addressing.
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by chicane View Post
          Thanks again everybody for the vast range of opinions voiced. Lots of food for thought and you've all been helpful in enabling to work out how to move forward.

Can you close of this thread by letting us all know what action you decided to take and any outcome that resulted??

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
            You asked for opinions and got some you didnt like. Stop going on about people being judgemental. If you dont like the answer, dont ask the question.
            How does that work?!

Oh, and

don't
            Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
              Can you close of this thread by letting us all know what action you decided to take and any outcome that resulted??
              Will do, but you'll need to wait a couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                And finally...

* Ask all the moralising, sanctimonious pr1cks on here who have told you to "pay up" to pay the £4K themselves!

That sentence above is enough to judge you by, we have nothing to do with it, why suggest we pay.

Your other points paint a poor image of your character, suggesting she lies etc...... dont get applying for those roles requiring a high degree of integrity
                Last edited by SuperZ; 28 June 2009, 12:12.

Comment

http://www.roydens.co.uk/content03.htm

Seems that it is legal, but firm's must follow certain process and must also be reasonable in certain respects (sliding scale of amount etc.).

Last point is interesting. If they try and take the money from the final salary without the correct permission, then they lose the right to make any claim.

So how watertight are they?

Comment

Working...
                  X