• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CVs with passport size photo..??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by expat View Post
    OTOH in the US (AIUI) you must not have a photo, because it would be illegal to hire or not based on anything that you can see in a photo.
    It's not illegal but it is discouraged for indirect legal reasons, aka Black guy puts photo on resume (CV) , Black guy does not get interview (for whatever reason), black guy cries racism and sues company

Which is also the reason they discourage any personal info on resume's like race, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, basically it's just the private sectors version of "Don't ask, Don't tell"

Only exceptions are where any of the above are relevant to the job ie: models, actors, face to face sales, hostess so forth

And no, would not put them on CV in the UK either, just as i would not put most of the other personal types of info, they are not looking to hire me for my good looks after all

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
      I don't know if a rule not to have a photo in the US. .
      It's most definately a rule in the US that you must not ask for a photo with an application. It can (and probably would) be used for discriminaltion purposes.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by tim123 View Post
        It's most definitely a rule in the US that you must not ask for a photo with an application. It can (and probably would) be used for discrimination purposes.

tim
        We never asked for one. They used to turn up with them, then they eventually stopped.

Being English I thought they were just trying to show off their Word skills by showing they knew how to embed an image, but a septic told me it was a normal thing to do.

I still don't like the idea. Also it make the applicant look like those cheesy 'Realtors'.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I put a photo of a naked oiled male model on mine, just like I do on the dating sites I frequent to pick up lonely girls.

Na, just would/could not do it.

Comment

I am so ugly, if getting a gig was dependent on a photo, I'd never get a gig, ever.

Comment

Working...
            X