• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Outsourcing - Large scottish bank

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It hasn't "been that way for a few months"....the instruction only came down to Managers last week....ie final extensions for all, and off-shore in future unless a specific PM skill-set that can't be found in India (although i'd have thought speaking english, and being on site might have been a wee bit more important).

Either way it will be a disaster, and in 6 months time they'll go back to "traditonal" methods.

Comment

Originally posted by Underscore Pt2 View Post
      It hasn't "been that way for a few months"....the instruction only came down to Managers last week....ie final extensions for all, and off-shore in future unless a specific PM skill-set that can't be found in India (although i'd have thought speaking english, and being on site might have been a wee bit more important).

Either way it will be a disaster, and in 6 months time they'll go back to "traditonal" methods.
      I'm not going to argue with you mate but I've known about this since at least March and I'm neither a manager or in GT.

Comment

therell be more offshore job losses

Labour are in awe of these global corporations,while the Tories are in bed with them.

None of the parties will do anything about the 50,000 Indian Nationals working in the UK Taking EU Jobs.

The big IT Consultancies think the Visa rules are a joke- they advertise the roles on jobsites,interview no-one,then claim to the UK Govt that they need to bring an indian worker on shore (the intra group transfer).

Comment

They are still recruiting locally in Global Banking & Markets (GBM). A portion of this has already been off shored, however some of the skill sets are difficult to train off shore....

Comment

A well known Scottish bank is recruiting:

here
            http://www.jobserve.com/W66B5295563DB3319.jsjob

here:
            http://www.jobserve.com/WA46875B091DAEC8A.jsjob

and here:
            http://www.jobserve.com/W2229D4148BD1C1EE.jsjob

Comment

That looks like the investment arm - I suspect the above job losses are in retail.

I'm just happy that i work on a gov project that requires SC clearance otherwise i would have been on/offshored by now.

It's anoying that senior management are so short sighted, I've seen many and instance where upfront the savings are clear, but once the offshoring been done the actual costs escalate exponentially.

We have a documentation system here developed by a college in his spare time, took him around 6 months, that he developed because the offshored one took 7 programmers to complete, a year late, and was still unuasable.

Comment

Working...
              X