• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unsolicited Call

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unsolicited Call

ha.....things are looking up haven't had one of these for several months. Good rate, London bank....

The recovery is well underway.....

I'm alright Jack

What's a "good rate" for a bank in London??

Comment

and is the role real?
      Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
        What's a "good rate" for a bank in London??
        About £1.
        Cats are evil.

Comment

Ba-DUM tish.

What's the capital of Iceland? About £2.60.

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
            Ba-DUM tish.

What's the capital of Iceland? About £2.60.
            Coat sir? Or is that your cloak?

Comment

I've had two unsolicited calls this week as well. Unfortunately I don't think I could get either of the roles.
              "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
              "See?"

Comment

well its kind of better than it was.

actually I assumed 500 but noticed they didn't say in the mail. Anyway that's what I would ask for.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

I had an interesting conversation with a rather illustrious agent recently. I am a very experienced test manager and currently in contract (albeit ending end of June). She called me asking if I would be interested in a test analyst role at just over half my current rate. I told her no in no uncertain terms, stating both the role and the rate were well below my (experience) level. She then proceeded with the following scare tactic: the market was extremely bad at the moment and I should indeed be thankful that she offered me this position as she had noticed a lot of experienced test managers applying for roles such as this. At this point I politely asked her why she was busting her gut to try and get me interested in this role considering the market was so bad and surely they must have thousands of applicants willing to work at the rate quoted? This baffled her a bit and the conversation soon ended. I think I may have found a way to stop people from Hoaxley calling me ever again!

Comment

I'll do it ..................

Comment

Working...
                    X