• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ideas for quick cash?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideas for quick cash?

A bad coincidence of circumstances, high (but necessary) expenses have all caused my warchest savings to disappear.
    I actually settled on a permament job in this grim climate, but the money won't be coming through for at least four weeks.

Any ideas on how to survive until then? Should I try to look in my core domain (coding / XML), I don't have much else to sell, so I'm looking for some creative ideas?

Pay for stuff on a Credit card? As long as you pay it off within the payment period it will work out as an interest free loan to cover you until you get paid.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Overdraft?

Comment

ask for a salary advance from your new employer, sometimes they say yes!
        This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Pay for stuff on a Credit card? As long as you pay it off within the payment period it will work out as an interest free loan to cover you until you get paid.
          I'm paying off last month expenses with cash that I have now, I will be using CC anyway to cover the expenses.

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
          Overdraft?
          Getting into debt is the obvious solution, but I'd much earn as opposed to just burying myself deeper.

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
          ask for a salary advance from your new employer, sometimes they say yes!
          I did and while they say yes, the payroll is on the 15th each month and they won't make it this month so it's june anyway

Keep'em coming

Comment

rentacoder.com or the like - they're packed full of people quouting very low rates from asia though.

Comment

Sell all your junk on ebay

Comment

Get a white van.

Put a "How am I driving" number on it. Make sure the number is a premium rate number.

Do 10mph in the outside lane of the M4 all day.

Boomed!

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                  Get a white van.

Put a "How am I driving" number on it. Make sure the number is a premium rate number.

Do 10mph in the outside lane of the M4 all day.

Boomed!
                  Genius!
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Lose several billion on sub-prime gambling in the States. Then ask for a hand-out from UK taxpayers.
                    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                    X