• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Ideas for quick cash?"

Collapse

• grey_lady
    replied
    As long as you're not a gambler in any way, check out the matched betting thread on moneysavingexpert, u should be able to make a few hundred quid in your spare time over the next few weeks.

The idea is that lots of bookies give free bets for new customers, you use the free bet to say back X and then 'lay' the bet on a betting exchange e.g your backing the winner and the loser and skimming off the free bet money.
    As you back both sides you cant lose, as long as you're not a gambler at heart - if you are then dont do it, as you may well be tempted not to back both sides and that's gambling and the bookies will win out eventually.

Leave a comment:

• lightng
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Become a spem donor.

My sperm bank account in currently 10 ml overdrawn....
    ... less than a few shakes of a lambs tail (or whatever you call it nowadays).

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Become a spem donor.

My sperm bank account in currently 10 ml overdrawn....

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by xchaotic View Post
    The rates are probably not worth the effort. Still, should I succeed, often, the money, even if paid in advance, is escrowed until the end of the project, which, again, is not quick enough.

Pretty much done that already, which yielded me a nice 400 quid, never had much to begin with.. but it´s the relocation thing that brings me down, as I had to buy a lot too...
    There are people on RentaCoder who are proper software developers (with degrees from real universities etc charging in the $30-50.hr range, which is not spectacular but certainly not to be sniffed at when you have no other offer - especially since you can push 10-12 hours a day when you work from home.
    But you're right, if you need money quickly it's not great.

My advice is to stop spending anything you can avoid - don't go to the pub, don't buy take-away food, buy Tesco Value chocolate biscuits, etc. Right now does not seem a good time to get into debt. And personally, I think being sensible and going without makes it all the sweeter when you can afford the luxuries later.

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    I did and while they say yes, the payroll is on the 15th each month and they won't make it this month so it's june anyway
    Can't they write you a cheque? Bank transfer?
    I received one when I needed it, but that was a privately owned company without much red tape.

Leave a comment:

• FarmerPalmer
    replied
    Prostitution ?

Leave a comment:

• Hex
    replied
    Get a job behind the bar somewhere in the evenings. Pub's are best. I've done night clubs before - absolutely awful - mind numbingly boring.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Try

Everybody be cool, this is a robbery!
    - Any of you ******* ****** move, and I'll execute every mother****ing last one of you!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    At first I thought the APR was a joke on Dim's side, but it actually says that on the webpage. Is that even legal?
    Yep, and there are much higher APR's out there than that. There's no legal limit on interest rate. You sign it, you pay it, or you'll be signing on for disability allowance.

Leave a comment:

• Pickle2
    replied
    Donate some baby muck?

Leave a comment:

• xchaotic
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    http://www.quickquid.co.uk/

Typical 2356% APR.
    At first I thought the APR was a joke on Dim's side, but it actually says that on the webpage. Is that even legal?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I've heard there's a pretty penny to be made at the docks, doing favours for sailors.

So sasguru told me.

Leave a comment:

• xchaotic
    replied
    Originally posted by the_duderama View Post
    rentacoder.com or the like - they're packed full of people quouting very low rates from asia though.
    The rates are probably not worth the effort. Still, should I succeed, often, the money, even if paid in advance, is escrowed until the end of the project, which, again, is not quick enough.

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
    Sell all your junk on ebay
    Pretty much done that already, which yielded me a nice 400 quid, never had much to begin with.. but it´s the relocation thing that brings me down, as I had to buy a lot too...

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    http://www.quickquid.co.uk/

Typical 2356% APR.

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied
    Lose several billion on sub-prime gambling in the States. Then ask for a hand-out from UK taxpayers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X