• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

11 day contract (spread over two months)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11 day contract (spread over two months)

I haven't seen this before:

"My client is offering a fixed number of day’s contract (11 days) ... The consultant will be required to start with the team on the 11th May ... [then] will not be required to return to the project until around the 17th June."

To me it sounds like this: in order to secure two weeks' work (at "market rates"), you must promise not to get involved in anything else full time for the next two months.

Should I be tempted?

I do these all the time. I get lots of work that is x days over 3 weeks say.

Just juggle them.

Comment

I've seen these ads as well. Depends on your personal circumstances I guess though i've never done any before.

In this environment I'd consider it since its a choice between some work (and possible extension) and no work...

Comment

That would suit me down to the ground... Part time is the way forward IMO. Little pieces of work, days working at home... good times.

Comment

Originally posted by icarus View Post
          I haven't seen this before:

"My client is offering a fixed number of day’s contract (11 days) ... The consultant will be required to start with the team on the 11th May ... [then] will not be required to return to the project until around the 17th June."

To me it sounds like this: in order to secure two weeks' work (at "market rates"), you must promise not to get involved in anything else full time for the next two months.

Should I be tempted?
          So long as you're being paid a retainer (to stay idle) why complain?
          Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

I wouldn't bother, unless your circumtance allow it.
            threenine.co.uk
            Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation

Comment

what skills does the role entail?

if it's dev-ish (either .NET or Progress) and not yet filled, then please PM me the details as this would actually suit my situation at the moment :-)

cheers
              jim

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
                So long as you're being paid a retainer (to stay idle) why complain?
                I don't think you get that.

Comment

Sounds to me like - keep your current contract. Take a day off on 11th may. Then go on holiday for two weeks from 17th June.

If the money's good that is.

If your not in contract, you still do the same. Keep looking for a contract, get it, and tell them that your not available on these dates...
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Thats business, why not!
                    "take me to your leader"

Comment

Working...
                    X