• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business Bank Account Hacked! :frown

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business Bank Account Hacked! :frown

Yesterday night i noticed that 7K has been wiped off from Cater Allen business bank account.The hacker had done it yesterday which thankfully was noted by me on the same day and had alerted the bank.

The bank have called and confirmed that the money will be paid back and will launch an investigation.The money has been paid into a beneficiary name called as 'Sagitas savickas' which when googled points to some lithuanian websites.I have never visted dodgy looking websites nor have opend unknown emails in the near past as far as i can remember.I have o2 as my ISP and have Macafee antivirus and firewall running.

Has anyone faced similar situation? I am sure online banking fraud is becoming a common occurrence thesedays,but how do these fellows manage to gain access to the bank accounts.I do everything in the book to secure the PC and accounts and still it happens...

No, but as I said last year I was paying somebody's mortgage from my business reserve account for a few months. It certainly pays to check everything at regular intervals, even savings accounts that you rarely use and which have no associated debit cards or cheque books.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

more than likely internal to be honest...and the information gets sold and thats all it takes.

Comment

Originally posted by schindler View Post
        Yesterday night i noticed that 7K has been wiped off from Cater Allen business bank account.The hacker had done it yesterday which thankfully was noted by me on the same day and had alerted the bank.

The bank have called and confirmed that the money will be paid back and will launch an investigation.The money has been paid into a beneficiary name called as 'Sagitas savickas' which when googled points to some lithuanian websites.I have never visted dodgy looking websites nor have opend unknown emails in the near past as far as i can remember.I have o2 as my ISP and have Macafee antivirus and firewall running.

Has anyone faced similar situation? I am sure online banking fraud is becoming a common occurrence thesedays,but how do these fellows manage to gain access to the bank accounts.I do everything in the book to secure the PC and accounts and still it happens...
        It happened with myself and my mate's Personal accounts. And someone hacked and used my Barclaycard for some dodgy online transactions 4-5 years ago.

At least, Its good to get your money back ....

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
          more than likely internal to be honest...and the information gets sold and thats all it takes.
          Thats what I thought so and now thinking of opening business account with other banks and spread the money around,so that even if it happens again and the money is not recoverable the damage is minimal....what free business bank account would the members suggest? abbey,A&L seem to offer free accounts.Had a free one with HSBC but shut down after the free period and they refused to extend the free period any longer!

Comment

Originally posted by schindler View Post
            Thats what I thought so and now thinking of opening business account with other banks and spread the money around,so that even if it happens again and the money is not recoverable the damage is minimal....what free business bank account would the members suggest? abbey,A&L seem to offer free accounts.Had a free one with HSBC but shut down after the free period and they refused to extend the free period any longer!
            HSBC now do a permenantly fee free business current account for companies with a turnover < 500k.

No interest on it though.
            Still Invoicing

Comment

Here's some advice, don't touch anything with the word 'Abbey' in it. Three months after locking me out of my business online banking, there are two accounts now showing instead of one, my debit card has been cancelled for some unkown reason and they're unable to issue me a new one or my last four months company statements as they don't have a copy of my signature on file???

HSBC account is in the final process of being set up. Oh, and you can pop into any branch instead of dealing with the monkeys at the other end of the phone with regards to Abbey.
              "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
                HSBC now do a permenantly fee free business current account for companies with a turnover < 500k.

No interest on it though.
                Do they???? I'm with HSBC and pay for the privilege. Can feel a phone call coming on.

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
                  Here's some advice, don't touch anything with the word 'Abbey' in it. Three months after locking me out of my business online banking, there are two accounts now showing instead of one, my debit card has been cancelled for some unkown reason and they're unable to issue me a new one or my last four months company statements as they don't have a copy of my signature on file???

HSBC account is in the final process of being set up. Oh, and you can pop into any branch instead of dealing with the monkeys at the other end of the phone with regards to Abbey.
                  I'm with Abbey and never had any problems with them. And they pay interest.

Maybe they just don't like you

Comment

scary. only today i noticed someone helping themselves to 2 x £150 from my current account via my debit card - must have got skimmed some time over the weekend...got it sorted though...
                    Originally posted by BolshieBastard
                    You're fulfilling a business role not partaking in a rock and roll concert.

Comment

Working...
                    X