• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

strange interview style

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Wouldn't be concerned.

As for the cost, well it's cheaper than driving there, right?
    An 0870 number costs 7.51p per minute from a landline so be aware that spending 10 minutes will cost you 75p!

If you can afford to risk 75p on a £500 pd contract that runs for 2 yrs, then go ahead, take that chance!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      If you can afford to risk 75p on a £500 pd contract that runs for 2 yrs, then go ahead, take that chance!
      Also: print off the phone bill, highlight that call and claim back the VAT. That'll ease the pain.
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
        Also: print off the phone bill, highlight that call and claim back the VAT. That'll ease the pain.
        Money reclaimed: ~10p
        Time taken: ~10min
        Do you really value your time at ~£1/hour?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

interview for 1 hr

The interview is supposed to go on for 1 hr or may be more in the words of the agent..so let me see

Comment

You'll find "sarcasm" inbetween saccharine and sardonic, if that helps. Perhaps you'll spot it next time.
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

60p/hour

unless time has gone decimal whilst I wasn't looking
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

I once rang in to one of these 0870 conference 'so called' interviews. After wasting an hour on the call, I hung up only to discover I had missed three calls, two from the bank, one from my wife.
                The bank wanted to know why I was transferring all my money to a Nigerian account, but said as I was not available, they had authorised it anyway. My wife said she had discovered that I was ringing dodgy numbers so was divorcing me to run away with some guy who works in recruitment or something and that the CSA would be in touch tomorrow.

I didn't get the job.

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                  You'll find "sarcasm" inbetween saccharine and sardonic, if that helps. Perhaps you'll spot it next time.
                  mmmmmm saccharine.
                  If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    I once rang in to one of these 0870 conference 'so called' interviews. After wasting an hour on the call, I hung up only to discover I had missed three calls, two from the bank, one from my wife.
                    The bank wanted to know why I was transferring all my money to a Nigerian account, but said as I was not available, they had authorised it anyway. My wife said she had discovered that I was ringing dodgy numbers so was divorcing me to run away with some guy who works in recruitment or something and that the CSA would be in touch tomorrow.

I didn't get the job.

Thanks for transferring the money to my Nigerian account. Much appreciated. Did you want a receipt?

How's the divorce going?
                    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

I didn't get the job.

This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
                      X