• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract extended for two more week - til end of year but 10% drop

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract extended for two more week - til end of year but 10% drop

Right guys, been told my contract can be extended for 10 more days til the end of the year. But I need to accept a 10% drop.

I think it's tototally tulip, but in all honesty I won't be finding another contract this close to xmas....

was on 400 a day, so this'll drop it down to 360, which isn't bad, considering the times....I have to spend £40 per night on b and b....

so...walk or stay...

was kinda of looking forward to spending the rest of dec at home chilling out...

Spend the rest of December at home chilling out.
    Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by wantacontract View Post
      Right guys, been told my contract can be extended for 10 more days til the end of the year. But I need to accept a 10% drop.

I think it's tototally tulip, but in all honesty I won't be finding another contract this close to xmas....

was on 400 a day, so this'll drop it down to 360, which isn't bad, considering the times....I have to spend £40 per night on b and b....

so...walk or stay...

was kinda of looking forward to spending the rest of dec at home chilling out...
      So instead of losing £40, you are losing £80 (if you include the B&B costs). So your business income is £320 per day. For 10 days work, you will have a £3,200 business income plus VAT. And if you are on the flat rate scheme, you would be earning a bit more.

Don't know if you have kids and / or a missus. With that extra money, you could take the family to New York for New Year celebrations or buy your lady that fancy pressie she always wanted.

If you are single, you could afford to be benched for that bit longer with the extra money in your pocket.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by wantacontract View Post

so...walk or stay...

Who said you have to take the drop? Client or agent?

Comment

Originally posted by Jubber View Post
          Who said you have to take the drop? Client or agent?
          Seems a bit pointless to insist on a rate cut for 10 days' work... what's the point?

Just say you're willing to cut your Christmas holiday short but you aren't going to take a cut to stay and help them out. Sounds like you aren't too bothered if they say "sod off" in response.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

This is the agent most likely trying to fill his xmas box. Check with the client. You should put the rate up to reflect your additional costs. Play hard by saying you have holiday arranged anyway so your doing client a favour and he can take it or leave it. There is no harm in trying this, and in 90% of cases you will at least stay on the same rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
              This is the agent most likely trying to fill his xmas box. Check with the client. You should put the rate up to reflect your additional costs. Play hard by saying you have holiday arranged anyway so your doing client a favour and he can take it or leave it. There is no harm in trying this, and in 90% of cases you will at least stay on the same rate.
              WHS.. Sounds same to me

Comment

You’re pondering whether you can be bothered to earn 3k+ or sit on your arse?

You either don’t need to work or you’re extremely confident that you have a productive year ahead.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                  You’re pondering whether you can be bothered to earn 3k+ or sit on your arse?

You either don’t need to work or you’re extremely confident that you have a productive year ahead.
                  WHS. £360 per day is a good rate these days.

Also: you're not losing £40, more like £30 of cash in your pocket.

Comment

Sounds like you're not desperate for the cash, so just front it out and insist on current rate or you'll just go on the date previously planned.
                    What have you got to lose?

Comment

Working...
                    X