• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How shall I reply...??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post

Name and shame...

Ummm....could be Emily at Premier?

Also had a similar email from Rebecca at Premier. Mass mailing madness.

Comment

Originally posted by eyetie View Post
      Ummm....could be Emily at Premier?

Is that Emily Gaskell at Premier?
      Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
        Yup, Emily Gaskell it is! You know her well?

Comment

Originally posted by AZZIK View Post
          Yup, Emily Gaskell it is! You know her well?
          lol - no. I just think that if you're going to name and shame, it should be done properly...
          Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Agencies are absolutely desperate at the moment. Any sales manager worth his salt will have each and every recruitment person hitting the phones, hitting everyone. There will be no niceties about how they obtain leads. There are more agents chasing an ever decreasing market. It is also end of the year when little happens, and what is worse is that the prospects for the new year are very gloomy.

We had a meeting at RBS for their prefferred suppliers and the popular view was that RBS would be bust by the Spring.

The fishing season is in full swing.
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              Agencies are absolutely desperate at the moment. Any sales manager worth his salt will have each and every recruitment person hitting the phones, hitting everyone. There will be no niceties about how they obtain leads. There are more agents chasing an ever decreasing market. It is also end of the year when little happens, and what is worse is that the prospects for the new year are very gloomy.

We had a meeting at RBS for their prefferred suppliers and the popular view was that RBS would be bust by the Spring.

Scary!

How many do you think will go bust next year? As in the recruitment industry? % wise. It was about time it got consolidated right?

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
                Doh!!!!! Proves how much notice I was paying

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post

If the recruitment industry is seasonal, why don't they hire contractors and let them go in the winter? A contractor agent... wonder how they would fit in here?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by eyetie View Post
                    ..Oh Dear. No wonder you lot hate us so much, when that is the best a "Consultant" can come up with.

By the way, anyone got any leads I can chase down?

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
                      Scary!

How many do you think will go bust next year? As in the recruitment industry? % wise. It was about time it got consolidated right?
                      It is not so much them going bust (though I think a few will) it will be more a matter of letting recruitment consultants go. If an agency has high fixed costs such as expensive offices, loans to repay then they will be in trouble. I am looking forward to my "on the side" earner doing rather well, which is buying and selling all the recruitment agency spivmobiles such as Audi TTS, noddy sports cars, and Porsches. The ones with the flashest cars will be the first to go.
                      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X