• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How shall I reply...??"

Collapse

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Liability View Post
    Scary!

How many do you think will go bust next year? As in the recruitment industry? % wise. It was about time it got consolidated right?
    It is not so much them going bust (though I think a few will) it will be more a matter of letting recruitment consultants go. If an agency has high fixed costs such as expensive offices, loans to repay then they will be in trouble. I am looking forward to my "on the side" earner doing rather well, which is buying and selling all the recruitment agency spivmobiles such as Audi TTS, noddy sports cars, and Porsches. The ones with the flashest cars will be the first to go.

Leave a comment:

• P1mpAndPr0ud
    replied
    Originally posted by eyetie View Post
    Also had a similar email from Rebecca at Premier. Mass mailing madness.
    ..Oh Dear. No wonder you lot hate us so much, when that is the best a "Consultant" can come up with.

By the way, anyone got any leads I can chase down?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Agencies are absolutely desperate at the moment. Any sales manager worth his salt will have each and every recruitment person hitting the phones, hitting everyone. There will be no niceties about how they obtain leads. There are more agents chasing an ever decreasing market. It is also end of the year when little happens, and what is worse is that the prospects for the new year are very gloomy.

We had a meeting at RBS for their prefferred suppliers and the popular view was that RBS would be bust by the Spring.

The fishing season is in full swing.
    If the recruitment industry is seasonal, why don't they hire contractors and let them go in the winter? A contractor agent... wonder how they would fit in here?

Leave a comment:

• badger7579
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    Is that Emily Gaskell at Premier?
    Doh!!!!! Proves how much notice I was paying

Leave a comment:

• Liability
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Agencies are absolutely desperate at the moment. Any sales manager worth his salt will have each and every recruitment person hitting the phones, hitting everyone. There will be no niceties about how they obtain leads. There are more agents chasing an ever decreasing market. It is also end of the year when little happens, and what is worse is that the prospects for the new year are very gloomy.

We had a meeting at RBS for their prefferred suppliers and the popular view was that RBS would be bust by the Spring.

Scary!

How many do you think will go bust next year? As in the recruitment industry? % wise. It was about time it got consolidated right?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Originally posted by AZZIK View Post
    Yup, Emily Gaskell it is! You know her well?
    lol - no. I just think that if you're going to name and shame, it should be done properly...

Leave a comment:

• AZZIK
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    Yup, Emily Gaskell it is! You know her well?

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Originally posted by eyetie View Post
    Ummm....could be Emily at Premier?

Leave a comment:

• eyetie
    replied
    Originally posted by badger7579 View Post

Name and shame...

Ummm....could be Emily at Premier?

Leave a comment:

• badger7579
    replied
    I just received this pathetic email:

Hi

It’s that time of year again when the majority of agencies relax a little in the build up in the up to Christmas. Here at Premier, we are actually busier than ever with a wide variety of both permanent and contract vacancies!

I am therefore taking this opportunity to find out if you are still searching for a new job opportunity?

If so, I would be grateful if you could help me help you by answering the following questions:

* Where are you working currently and why are you looking for a new role?

* Reason for leaving last position?

* What locations / commute are you looking at?

* What salary are you looking for?

* What type of role are you looking for?

* Companies/industries that you have a particular interest in? If you have been to a particular company for an interview this too would be very helpful.

If you wish us to fast-track your application, please provide a contact reference from your last two places of employment.

If you could submit your most recent CV for our records this will definitely help your search.

I look forward to speaking further over the coming weeks and securing work for you asap.

Kind regards,

Emily

Name and shame...

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Yeh I know, but I just feel I should give them a taste of their own medicine!

Ask for a full credit history and bank statements to verify their liquidity. Advise them that you can only fast track their questions once you are satisified that they have enough money to pay you if the client refuses to pay.

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
    Request a full list of current vacancies including Duration, Rate and a contact name at customer site.
    WSS

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied
    Request a full list of current vacancies including Duration, Rate and a contact name at customer site.

Leave a comment:

• eyetie
    replied
    Hi

It's that time of year when the majority of contractors try to relax a little in the build up to Christmas. Here at Blaggers Ltd., I am actually busier than ever trying to find companies dos that I can gatecrash.

I am therefore taking this opportunity to find out if you are still planning to throw corporate bashes for those unfortunate companies whom you call clients?

If so, I would be grateful if you could help me help you by answering the following questions:

* Where is the next bash and who will you be holding it for?
    * Reason for the bash?
    * What locations will the future bashes be held at?
    * Who should I impersonate to get in?

If you wish me to fast-track my attendance, please provide photos from last year's bashes.

If you could submit a crate of champagne for my cellar, this will definitely help you get my presence.

I look forward to speaking further over the coming weeks and getting hangovers c/o of your expense account.

Kind regards,

Blagger-in-chief
    MD, Blaggers Ltd

I just received this pathetic email:

Hi

It’s that time of year again when the majority of agencies relax a little in the build up in the up (????)to Christmas. Here at Premier, we are actually busier than ever with a wide variety of both permanent and contract vacancies!

I am therefore taking this opportunity to find out if you are still searching for a new job opportunity?

* Where are you working currently and why are you looking for a new role?

* Reason for leaving last position?

* What locations / commute are you looking at?

* What salary are you looking for?

* What type of role are you looking for?

* Companies/industries that you have a particular interest in? If you have been to a particular company for an interview this too would be very helpful.

If you wish us to fast-track your application, please provide a contact reference from your last two places of employment.

If you could submit your most recent CV for our records this will definitely help your search.

I look forward to speaking further over the coming weeks and securing work for you asap.

Kind regards,

Emily

Leave a comment:

Working...
X