• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Charging to send letters about overdue invoices?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charging to send letters about overdue invoices?

Seeing as the banks get away with it, can we charge our agents for sending them letters (paper or electronic) when they constantly need kicking up the arse to pay the invoices?

If so, what's a reasonable charge now the banks have been rained in a bit and can't necessarily get away with 30 quid a sheet of paper?
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Is it in your contract? Banks 'inform' you of charges in their 3pt T&C section.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Admin charges for lates invoices as a laid down by statute.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Can you point me to the relevant part of that site, far too many links on the home page, and I've got the attention span of a ... What did that link say again!?

If it's about charging interest on overdue invoices, I'm wondering if I can charge admin fees for actually having to do the chasing up, without having informed them of such fees in advance in the T&Cs.
        Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Can I claim compensation for debt recovery costs and VAT, as well as late payment interest?
          The right to compensation for debt recovery costs was introduced for contracts dated on or after 7th August 2002. This can be claimed alongside the statutory late payment interest.
          Businesses are entitled to claim compensation when a debt remains unpaid after the date specified on the contract, or in the absence of a contract, 30 days after the delivery of the goods or service.

The compensation entitlement varies in accordance with the size of the debt:
          Code:
          Size of unpaid debt	Sum to be paid to the creditor
          Up to £999.99      	£40.00
          £1,000.00 to £9,999.99	£70.00
          £10,000.00 or more	£100.00
          The claim for compensation is made to the debtor, together with the claim for interest.
          VAT is not added to the compensation charge or on the interest.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Thanks.
            Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Working...
            X