• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

recruiter submits CV but won't name company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darrenb View Post
    recruiter submits CV but won't name company
    Tell them to go away. There's plenty of agents who will tell. Under no circumstances will I allow my CV to go to a client if I don't know who the client is.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Tell them to go away. There's plenty of agents who will tell. Under no circumstances will I allow my CV to go to a client if I don't know who the client is.
      Likewise.

Comment

The conduct of employment businesses act is your friend.
        You have to agree terms and circumstances to allow them to put you forward. Next time make it a condition that you know who you are being sent to.

As you do not "know" who the client is then you are at liberty to ask other agents to put you forward. If there is any fuss then go with the best rate.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

I dont normally have a problem telling a contractor the name of a client , but in the past i have expeirenced contractors talking to the first agent the calls them then speak about where their CV has been sent to which I can see why used car sales people try not to discuss the cleint.

Comment

Let another agent put you forward but tell them to check whether you have already been submitted.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

you have to know the client to ensure that your not being represented twice, in my experience if a client gets 2 cv's of the same person from different agents rather than having them argue over who submitted first etc. its far easier to not take that person making it a problem for the contractor..

ask the agent where who, where and what rate, if they cant tell you then tell them you dont want it sending for the reasons above.. simple
              The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Find out the company

An agency has to tell you where the job is, what it entails and what the rates of pay are. If they are not telling you they have something to hide or a bad relationship with the client or they are trying to push CVs in through a non-preffered supplier route.

If you are sent by another agency who the end user prefers, touch poo on the first agency.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                  you have to know the client to ensure that your not being represented twice, in my experience if a client gets 2 cv's of the same person from different agents rather than having them argue over who submitted first etc. its far easier to not take that person making it a problem for the contractor..

ask the agent where who, where and what rate, if they cant tell you then tell them you dont want it sending for the reasons above.. simple

Not sure about this. To my mind if a line manager get's a good candidate CV in they are not going to discount that good candidate because the CV has turned up twice.

If both agents argue "ownership" of a candidate, HR/Line manager will then phone candidate and ask them which agent they wish to be represented by.

This is why you should always make the recruitment agent disclose the client name. The other problem that crops up from this, from the recruiter's perspective is that I submit a candidate who believes they are not forward for a role only to discover that they have already been submitted but the candidate didn't know cos the other agent didn't tell them! Frustration for all concerned in the process.
                  I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying...

Comment

After further examination, it turned out to be a nonexistent job. Sorry for the fuss. These fake job ads are getting more sophisticated.
                    Der going over der to get der der's.

Comment

Working...
                    X