• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

recruiter submits CV but won't name company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

recruiter submits CV but won't name company

Hello,

There's a promising contract local to me. I called the goon and he talked for a while and said he'd send my CV on. However, he wouldn't name the company.

What are the odds that he really is sending it? Is it possible (in your experience) that he is just trying to block me from applying through other agents? The job actually suits me very well, but you can't trust recruiters to know that, especially when they have reached their "maximum CVs submitted" point.

What if I do apply through other agents and my CV reaches the company twice? Will the company (in your experience) dismiss my application?

Bit of a dilemma, right? I'm a bit anxious about this job, because there haven't been many appropriate opportunities lately.

D.
    Der going over der to get der der's.

I never let them send my CV without letting me know location, rate, and client. They'll bitch and moan a bit, but eventually they'll tell you.
    And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by darrenb View Post
      Hello,

There's a promising contract local to me. I called the goon and he talked for a while and said he'd send my CV on. However, he wouldn't name the company.

What are the odds that he really is sending it? Is it possible (in your experience) that he is just trying to block me from applying through other agents? The job actually suits me very well, but you can't trust recruiters to know that, especially when they have reached their "maximum CVs submitted" point.

What if I do apply through other agents and my CV reaches the company twice? Will the company (in your experience) dismiss my application?

Bit of a dilemma, right? I'm a bit anxious about this job, because there haven't been many appropriate opportunities lately.

D.
      If they don't tell you who the client is, then the chances are that the client doesn't exist. The agency is probably trying to either get your CV, or just trying to find out your current situation.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
        I never let them send my CV without letting me know location, rate, and client. They'll bitch and moan a bit, but eventually they'll tell you.
        Second that !!

Comment

OK I made a mistake. What do you think is my best bet now?

I believe the job is real because there are ads from different agents for it.

D.

Comment

OK I made a mistake. What do you think is my best bet now?

I believe the job is real because there are ads from different agents for it.

D.
            Contact the different agents then - if you don't 100% know the client, then why not apply for those 'other' roles?

Comment

Originally posted by ft101 View Post
              Contact the different agents then - if you don't 100% know the client, then why not apply for those 'other' roles?
              I concur. Original agent is obviously of the barrow boy w*nker mould...
              Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Well, he did give me enough information to identify the client pretty exactly. How will the client react if they get the same CV from two different agents?

D.

Comment

Well, he did give me enough information to identify the client pretty exactly. How will the client react if they get the same CV from two different agents?

D.
                  they'll probably go to the second agent and say we already have this cv. he'll contact you and say they received the cv via another agent and then you have the option of saying you didn't authorise the first agent to send it to them.

Comment

I don't see how he can be blocking you if he doesn't tell you who the client is.

If the client does get you CV via 2 routes, then they will usually have some way of sorting it out and there's no use in worrying about it.

Comment

Working...
                    X