• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I just need to get two references ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    There was no role...
    ^^^^^This.

If there was a role they would be happy to take the references after.

They would also be happy to take a reference from your accountant and one of your long term mates who is a teacher. Simply because work references aren't worth the paper they are written on.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Sure enough the role with interview slots "filled up by candidates who could give us references" was spammed out to me again this morning under a slightly different header from the same agent.
      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

I'm utterly bemused why such a minor issue about a fairly standard practice thats such a non issue it can be resolved I'm one breath has reached 100 pages.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          I'm utterly bemused why such a minor issue about a fairly standard practice thats such a non issue it can be resolved I'm one breath has reached 100 pages.
          Does it not make you feel better to see such people?

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
            Does it not make you feel better to see such people?
            No. It makes me wonder how some people get out of bed and dress themselves to be honest.

Comment

No. It makes me wonder how some people get out of bed and dress themselves to be honest.
              Says the man with almost 23,000 posts!

Comment

What's the resolution? Say no, sit on the bench and spend the rest of the year going "you know, most contractors only work 2 months a year"...
                ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

You mean you don't have a butler to dress you?

I got mine through an agent...
                  Waiting And Nursing, Kitchen & Entertaining Resourcing Staff Ltd

It only cost me two references.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

BOOOOOM!

100 pages!

Comment

BOOOOOM!

100 pages!
                      Of crap

Comment

Working...
                      X