• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I just need to get two references ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recieved the email below today from an agency -

Good Morning,

I have tried contacting you today but unfortunately can’t get hold of you. To be honest I have come across your CV an am very impressed with what I have seen. I have put you onto our own database where we can contact you on a frequent basis with job roles that match your skill set. I hope that this is not a problem as I feel that myself and the company would work well with someone like yourself.

I require a few details in order to keep everything up to date with you so if you would be kind enough to fill out the fields below it would be very much appreciated.

• Who your last interview was with……
    • Where was it located……
    • What job role you went for……
    • Salary they were offering……
    • Person who interviewed you……
    • Telephone number of organisation…….
    • Are you awaiting feedback……
    • How did the interview go…….
    • How are you finding the IT Market…….

If you would please reply as soon as possible it would be most helpful so I can up date your details immediately.

I look forward to speaking to you in the very near future,

Comment

Originally posted by TOSH1 View Post
      Recieved the email below today from an agency -

Good Morning,

I have tried contacting you today but unfortunately can’t get hold of you. To be honest I have come across your CV an am very impressed with what I have seen. I have put you onto our own database where we can contact you on a frequent basis with job roles that match your skill set. I hope that this is not a problem as I feel that myself and the company would work well with someone like yourself.

I require a few details in order to keep everything up to date with you so if you would be kind enough to fill out the fields below it would be very much appreciated.

• Who your last interview was with……
      • Where was it located……
      • What job role you went for……
      • Salary they were offering……
      • Person who interviewed you……
      • Telephone number of organisation…….
      • Are you awaiting feedback……
      • How did the interview go…….
      • How are you finding the IT Market…….

If you would please reply as soon as possible it would be most helpful so I can up date your details immediately.

Which agency?

They're not asking much are they?! Surely nobody ever falls for that...or at least, I hope not...

Comment

Originally posted by TOSH1 View Post
        <snip>

I'd have to reply that by asking, "Are you taking the pi55?!". See what they say.
        Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Roc Search do make me crack up.

Twice now I've called about a role, told what an excellent fit I am, then they refuse to put me forward until I have supplied three references.

99% sure the role didn't exist in the first place.

Comment

Does anyone ever just give fake names?

Comment

I have only ever been asked for 2 forward references and this was when I was very green (still applying for my first contract) and I gave him the name of a co-worker and a previous colleague.

He phoned them both and asked about me and they gave me a good reference (obviously, I had already organised that with them). To the best of my knowledge they have not been bothered since.

However, by the sound of it it sounds like I am in the minority!
              "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Sometimes I ask just for the sport. I rarely have an intention of calling anyone that I get through those means.

Comment

Originally posted by AnonAgent View Post
                  Does anyone ever just give fake names?
                  No, we've never thought of that before, and nobody has mentioned it in this very thread at least a dozen times.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
                    No, we've never thought of that before, and nobody has mentioned it in this very thread at least a dozen times.
                    55 pages divided by a dozen. Not surprising I missed those, will have a look now!

Comment

Originally posted by Kanye View Post
                      Roc Search do make me crack up.

Twice now I've called about a role, told what an excellent fit I am, then they refuse to put me forward until I have supplied three references.

99% sure the role didn't exist in the first place.
                      I got called on a Sunday by Roc Search for about a role at Network Rail paying £900 pd. Apparently the hiring manager called him the previous Saturday at 7:00am to discuss the role. I told him that 900 is high even by investment bank standards and I didnt think they would pay that kind of money. Also, which public section manager is going tp be working at 7:00 am on a saturday?

He was adamant that it was the right role. I knew it was BS but I played along and chased him on Wednedsay as if I was expecting some good news. I asked him to repeat the rate adn suddenly it bacame £550. I asked him how that was and he started waffling about he now put me forward to one of the banks (without telling me of course). I did a very good 'I am really angry' routine and now he claims that he cant get past the guy's secretary - even though the guy supposedly called him on a saturday.

Yesterday I had a call from another clown from Roc-Search. This time the rate was only £600 - obviously I was disappointed :-)

Comment

Working...
                      X