• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I just need to get two references ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Taita View Post
    "Client didnt mind I didnt have it before I was on site (yet another agency myth busted)"

Actually it depends on the Client. Some are very insistent that all clearances are completed before starting on site and some are less rigid. I don't know about today but a few years ago a very well known software house would let you start but kick you out if any clearance/reference failed and would not pay the agency. It was not uncommon for the agencies to reflect that penalty in the contractor's contract.
    Yes, I know it depends on the client. My point being that clients have got anal about it because agents will (normally) only submit contractors who already have it.

We all know that the Vetting Agency says not having clearance shouldnt be a bar but, since that missive was issued, its funny how its got harder, not easier to get SC jobs if you havent got it.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
      Yes, I know it depends on the client. My point being that clients have got anal about it because agents will (normally) only submit contractors who already have it.

We all know that the Vetting Agency says not having clearance shouldnt be a bar but, since that missive was issued, its funny how its got harder, not easier to get SC jobs if you havent got it.
      There are jobsworths amongst agents, too. It's called the line of least resistance......

Comment

I was told by an agency today that they needed to have "2 references on their file legally to be compliant with their NHS clients"

Is this true or standard now for NHS roles?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by thelurker View Post
          I was told by an agency today that they needed to have "2 references on their file legally to be compliant with their NHS clients"
          Ask to be shown that piece of legislation/part of the contract.
          Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Originally posted by thelurker View Post

Is this true or standard now for NHS roles?

Thanks
            Untrue. Possibly contractually true - i.e. a procurement catalogue term - but I doubt it and I've never provided them.
            The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Having read about these guys' in another forum, I thought I will never fall for this again not until last Friday.
              My previous experience involved their requesting for the proverbial 'two' references. In one occasion, we played a bit of mind game till he agreed on 'at least' a reference. Sent one and other documents he requested. After days of waiting, I called to find out the status of the application. It turned out that according to him I was not shortlisted, but of course my reference was added to his list!!!
              Fast forwarding to last week, after reading about this phishing and deciding to draw the line, my phone beeped.
              The caller was very professional and the chat went on smoothly or so I reckoned!!! He asked for my NI and DOB which I sheepishly surrendered. That will be the last for me.
              On a positive side, another call came still last week and the lady on the other end was more interested in knowing my willingness to relocate and remuneration for the short term job. No mention was made about reference and she even sent me an email informing me I have been shortlisted for the job days later, without the reference!!!
              Fingers crossed, but I am waiting to play a simple game with any fall guy. Very simple game . Will reveal it after any of those unfortunate guys call......
              Last edited by cojak; 18 September 2012, 12:58. Reason: Mod note: Snipped - no bad language in the Professional Forums please.

Comment

"He asked for my NI and DOB which I sheepishly surrendered"
                I can hardly believe what I've just read!

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I will be approaching 15-20 of my clients this afternoon to sell you in over the phone. I think they will all be very interested in you and I think we will get a lot of offers. I will see what offers we get and then come back to you and see what ones you are interested in.

Before I start calling my clients as agreed in our conversation on the phone can you email me the job information and names of the contacts and companies where you have had interviews/phone interviews or where your CV has directly been sent to, any information you send me is confidential. This information prevents me approaching clients who you are already booked in with. I can also try different departments in the same companies.
                  yeah right.

Comment

Amoria Bond & roc-search

Had a phone call today from Amoria Bond, They will put me forward for a role advertised but only after references have been checked first as they need to meet the service level agreements before submitting.

Also had a call from roc-search, again asking references first.

Comment

Originally posted by TOSH1 View Post
                      Had a phone call today from Amoria Bond, They will put me forward for a role advertised but only after references have been checked first as they need to meet the service level agreements before submitting.

Also had a call from roc-search, again asking references first.
                      Yeah, that agency are a bunch of time-wasting chancers.

Comment

Working...
                      X