• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract review and next-day start

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember it's a contract

Please bear in mind that it's a contract - make sure you have read it, understand it and agree with it and where you don't agree with it let the agency know in writing (email is fine). As soon as you are on the client site the contract is 'accepted' by defacto. If the client wants you and you are ready to accept the ball is always in your court! Don't let the agency pressure you into accepting what you don't agree with - also if you've had a chat with the client already keep them informed of the situation.

Comment

I have to say in my view staying at home is a very expensive way of making a point, particularly as these sort of contract details aren´t usually difficult to sort out. After all the problem here is simply that the client wold like an immediate start. I would only withdraw services if an agency wasn´t paying or some other serious matter. I did witness this once where a contractor walked off site. It achieved nothing other than he lost two days pay and sat at home feeling angry, the project manager was surprised, as it was nothing more than an administrative hiccough, which could have been resolved just by pressuring the project manager. In fact if I recall correctly it still actually hadn´t been resolved, other than verbal reassurances, when he returned, he just decided he´d made his point.
      Last edited by BlasterBates; 3 August 2008, 12:24.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Yay. got the contract.

Also negotiated a 7 month retainer with current client (who have had a downturn in work) so will still do a few hours a week for them.

So now I have 2 contracts :-)

Comment

Working...
        X