• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BC security clearance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BC security clearance

Hi,

What do they look at for BC?
    How long does it take to get it?
    What kind of personal things they look into?

thanks

Google is your friend

A Basic Security Check will evidence current criminal record and unspent convictions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. A BC provides a level of assurance to the trustworthiness and integrity of individuals whose work involves access to confidential assets or information. There are no access restrictions for this level of disclosure and the result may be sent to the applicant or the employer.

What does a Basic Security level check involve?
    A BC involves a check of identity documents and employment/education referees. BCs are normally conducted by the recruitment authorities or companies to mandatory standards, and have to be completed before the DVA is able to process a national security check or clearance.

How long will a BC check take?
    The BC check will take one or two days to complete

BC Security level Jobs
    The BC is not a formal security clearance check, however it is a prerequisite for the other security clearances; Security Clearance, Counter-Terrorist Check and Defence Vetting.

Basic Identity Checks are typically used by Airports and employers who wish to determine a candidates' criminal record when the employer is not entitled to ask Exempt Questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Basically anyone looking for a job needs to have passed a basic identity check.

Comment

Originally posted by SAS View Post
      Hi,

What do they look at for BC?
      How long does it take to get it?
      What kind of personal things they look into?

thanks
      It's fundamentally a glorified identity check, they will want to see passports etc.
      Week or two depending how busy they are.
      Brief credit check for things like bankruptcy.
      Forms look a bit intimidating, but there's very little to a BC check unless they turn up something dramatic.

Comment

Thanks,

How many years are they asking for details? Could, please you list some questions?

Comment

Thanks,

How many years are they asking for details?
          Dunno - how old are you?

Could, please you list some questions?
          Nope, you seem to be doing quite well by yourself. But apart from that the form is classified, so we're not about to post its content on an open website, are we?

And to be deadly serious for a moment, nor are we going to prime somone we don't know with the optimum answers - for all we know, you're not suitable for clearance and we would not be doing the UK any favours by letting you bypass the process. All you need to know is on the DPA website.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

101 aiming to live until 102
            Ok DPA website, long live the Empire.

Comment

101 aiming to live until 102
              Ok DPA website, long live the Empire.
              You might do better with the Defence Vetting Agency (DVA) web site than the Defence Procurement Agency (DPA) web site.

Well done with the "long live the Empire" - do make sure you write that on the form somewhere.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Mine took 5 days from Monday when I handed the forms in until Friday.
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                  Dunno - how old are you?

Nope, you seem to be doing quite well by yourself. But apart from that the form is classified, so we're not about to post its content on an open website, are we?

And to be deadly serious for a moment, nor are we going to prime somone we don't know with the optimum answers - for all we know, you're not suitable for clearance and we would not be doing the UK any favours by letting you bypass the process. All you need to know is on the DPA website.
                  Dear Malvolio,

I forgot to tell you that you seriously need to relax! You sound like an old f..t with only contracts and this forum in his life, sad.
                  Please be nicer to people. I have read some of your answers and they are not that valuable contribution and don’t forget that people are coming here to get help so it is DVA and not DPA.

Regards,
                  SAS

Comment

Dear Malvolio,

I forgot to tell you that you seriously need to relax! You sound like an old f..t with only contracts and this forum in his life, sad.
                    Please be nicer to people. I have read some of your answers and they are not that valuable contribution and don’t forget that people are coming here to get help so it is DVA and not DPA.

Regards,
                    SAS
                    Nah - if I'm nice, people complain about it.
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X