• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Notice period concerns on a new contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    I'm not sure anyone has said that. Have you got the decorators in Dodgy?

The wife has
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Interesting debate. As a newbie to this forum it is interesting to hear the opinion of agents.

A decision to outsource is made by people who have no visibility of the alleged mercenary contractors. They are making decisions based on three ever present criteria. Quality, time & cost.

One might argue that lack of continuity of service leads to lower quality & that this by-product is visible to upper management. BUT that is very hard to prove.

As for notice period equivalence. This isn't a moral judgement but rather one that is made by the market. An equilibrium is reached through supply & demand. Currently if someone wants me enough they will agree to my terms especially as my CV shows continuity of service in previous roles. If the economy goes further downhill I may have to compromise on this to put me ahead of the field.

P

Comment

Originally posted by phil5476 View Post
        Interesting debate. As a newbie to this forum it is interesting to hear the opinion of agents.

A decision to outsource is made by people who have no visibility of the alleged mercenary contractors. They are making decisions based on three ever present criteria. Quality, time & cost.

One might argue that lack of continuity of service leads to lower quality & that this by-product is visible to upper management. BUT that is very hard to prove.

As for notice period equivalence. This isn't a moral judgement but rather one that is made by the market. An equilibrium is reached through supply & demand. Currently if someone wants me enough they will agree to my terms especially as my CV shows continuity of service in previous roles. If the economy goes further downhill I may have to compromise on this to put me ahead of the field.

P
        You cannot say fairer than that, except that I think you may be underestimating this continuity thing.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          You cannot say fairer than that, except that I think you may be underestimating this continuity thing.
          Perhaps.

On a general note I would say that type of cut & run contractor is a curse in terms of delivery. Furthermore birds of a feather party together. Where you get one you often see others land.

Comment

Working...
          X