• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

11 Month Contract or IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11 Month Contract or IR35

Hi,

somebody told me you cannot have a contractor for more than 11 months
    continues with 1 client, if so you are at risk on IR35 even that company is also on risk.

is it true?

Thanks

Someone told me the moon is made of cheese

Comment

No

Read the links on the right hand side for more info

Comment

Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Nav2007 View Post
          somebody told me you cannot have a contractor for more than 11 months
          continues with 1 client, if so you are at risk on IR35 even that company is also on risk.
          Can someone translate into English please? Stand under not question do I

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
            Can someone translate into English please? Stand under not question do I
            Man in pub who know nothing tell other man in pub who know nothing a load of old toffee. Second man in pub who know nothing then ask people who do know something if first man who know nothing tells the truth. Told he didn't. Nuff said? Don't sweat it, the OP was working in what passes for acceptable written English these days.

Nav2007 - your mate is so far off the truth you can hardlly see it. IR35 and duration are totally unconnected. Go read the first timer guides on here and www.pcg.org.uk and learn the truth.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              IR35 and duration are totally unconnected.
              That's a bit of a sweeping statement !? I'm sure the length of contract has been mentioned in some of the cases I've read about, how about the AA one ?

Has the taxman ever pursued someone over a short ( say less than 6 months ) contract ? I think a few of us try to practice the strategy of keeping to shorter contracts and hence keeping the target small.

Comment

There's also cases where IR35 was found not applicable when the contractor had been there for years.

At the very worst it's an extremely minor pointer.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  There's also cases where IR35 was found not applicable when the contractor had been there for years.

At the very worst it's an extremely minor pointer.
                  But sweeping none the less. The judgements seem to be all over the place in how they interpret things. At a common sense level if I was judging if someone was effectively an employee, the fact they had been there for years would be a pretty strong factor.

How about we go for 'At the very worst it's a minor pointer' !?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                    IR35 and duration are totally unconnected.
                    Well, this is a slight distortion. Many Permanent contracts have the wording a "Continuing contract of employment". So to say duration is totally unconnected is not the total whole truth really is it. You wouldn't, for instance, take a Gig which was fully IR35 compliant but stated it was a continuing rolling contract with no end what-so-ever, as that would just be silly.

Comment

Working...
                    X