• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Huxley Associates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huxley Associates

Hi,

Received this poorly excused 'request for information' from Huxley after applying for a position - claming that a client had requested this information, when it is clear that it would only be beneficial to the PIMP!

"Sam,

Thanks for sending your CV in for the role.

This e-mail means you have been shortlisted for the role and have made it passed the first stage. I am currently in the process of reviewing the list I have compiled to send to my client.

In the mean time, my client has requested i receive an overview of efforts you have made to secure work elsewhere. They are looking to see how keen you are to get involved in an IT position and want to see how you have been doing it.

Please reply to this e-mail with a list of interviews you have had and interviews you have coming up so i can forward this to my client. Please do include the company name, the manager who interviewed you, the location of the office and the position applied for.

This will allow us to update our record of you and will allow our client to get a better understanding of what type of candidate you are.

Look forward to hearing from you."

What a crock!

Sam

chuckle

such a thinly veiled attempt at fishing for contacts and leads!

still cannot blame them for trying!!!

Hoaxleys!!!!!

chuckle

Comment

They must be so desparate...

I bet some people would still fool for it tho.
      It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Just reply:

"Dear Mr Agent

Yeah, Right.

Hugs and kisses,

Sam".
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by puterDude View Post
          my client has requested i receive an overview of efforts you have made to secure work elsewhere. They are looking to see how keen you are to get involved in an IT position and want to see how you have been doing it.

Comment

The audacity is simply outrageous!

Comment

Originally posted by puterDude View Post
              Hi,

Received this poorly excused 'request for information' from Huxley after applying for a position - claming that a client had requested this information, when it is clear that it would only be beneficial to the PIMP!

"Sam,

Thanks for sending your CV in for the role.

This e-mail means you have been shortlisted for the role and have made it passed the first stage. I am currently in the process of reviewing the list I have compiled to send to my client.

In the mean time, my client has requested i receive an overview of efforts you have made to secure work elsewhere. They are looking to see how keen you are to get involved in an IT position and want to see how you have been doing it.

Please reply to this e-mail with a list of interviews you have had and interviews you have coming up so i can forward this to my client. Please do include the company name, the manager who interviewed you, the location of the office and the position applied for.

This will allow us to update our record of you and will allow our client to get a better understanding of what type of candidate you are.

Look forward to hearing from you."

What a crock!

Sam

Brilliant! First belly laugh of the day

Comment

i guess this stuff works on the same principle as 419 spam - it's inexpensive to produce, with a great ROI if just one mug takes the bait.
                Originally posted by BolshieBastard
                You're fulfilling a business role not partaking in a rock and roll concert.

Comment

Send them a fake list. Should keep them happy and quiet for a few hours.

In fact, I'm going to look for a Huxley contract vacancy and hope I get this invitation off them. Can't miss an opportunity like this to take the piss out of the scumbags.
                  Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                  Feist - I Feel It All
                  Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Mr G. Raffe

0131 334 9171

Comment

Working...
                    X