• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency Payment Issues

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency Payment Issues

Evening all,

Working on a Government site where around 15 / 20 other contractors are all using the same agency: Pendragon IS.

For the last 6 months they have refused to pay anyone until they have been paid by the end client, a situation that has led to several material breaches of contract in certain instances.

I'm curious to know whether anyone else on any other site has experienced issues over the last few months with Pendragon paying late and refusing to come on-site to meet anyone (permie or contractor) for explanation or discussion.

Cheers for feedback.

0mega

Usual question #1 - are you opted in (bet you are, BTW)? If so, they can't do this, it's illegal.

Usual question #2 - What does your contract say about payment terms and are they breaching it?

Usual question #3 - if this is a general problem, who's talking to the client about the risk their workforce may walk away? Becuase that's what you may have to do if your agency s in breach of your contract...

Usual question #4 - have you done a credit check on Pendragon?
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      Usual question #1 - are you opted in (bet you are, BTW)? If so, they can't do this, it's illegal.

Usual question #2 - What does your contract say about payment terms and are they breaching it?

Usual question #3 - if this is a general problem, who's talking to the client about the risk their workforce may walk away? Becuase that's what you may have to do if your agency s in breach of your contract...

Usual question #4 - have you done a credit check on Pendragon?
      Where's the...

Usual question #5 - are you a member of the PCG?

Usual from you anyway Malv.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        Where's the...

Usual question #5 - are you a member of the PCG?

Usual from you anyway Malv.
        Damn - knew I'd missed one...
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I wouldn't have waited six months. If an agency is getting arsey about paying, then they may well be in financial difficulties... you don't want them to go into administration while owing you money.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

'End' Client

'For the last 6 months they have refused to pay anyone until they have been paid by the end client, a situation that has led to several material breaches of contract in certain instances'
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            Sounds to me like you contract for someone like EDS who yet again have fcuked up a Gov't contract and hence refused payment.
            Pendragon has been going for ages, not inherent financial problems, however if they are owed tens of thou themselves are not likely to cough up. Find the root of the problem and then let us know instead of screaming help.

Comment

www.payontime.co.uk

If you have money outstanding then use the info on there. Penalties and interest are due and could be racking up nicely.

Assuming they are in breach of payment terms (the legislation uses 30 day terms if no contractual terms exist) then you are legally entitled to receive said penalties and interest.

I did this with Alexander Mann and they paid up. Had to go to a Director but they still paid up...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Take action now. I had a payment delayed once, followed by a 'mistake' with the bank, by the time I knew what was going on the agency were going under and I was owed 20k.
                I was lucky, the agency owner paid me out of his personal account, lots of other contractors lost out.

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  I was lucky, the agency owner paid me out of his personal account, lots of other contractors lost out.
                  No wonder you're an optimist.
                  Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

If I smelt a rat then before the end of the first month I'd have given termination notice and walked.

Why bother with all that dragging on for 6 months, when you could have walked into something else and probably gotten paid as normal.

Comment

Working...
                    X