• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency Payment Issues

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PinkPoshRat View Post
    I had an interview at the MO 4 weeks' ago. I was told, in the interview, that I would hear back regarding whether I was successful by the end of that week. I was told that they wanted me, but there was 'an issue' regarding my daily rate (they wanted to pay me £65 less per day than they did when I was there before on a contract in the same role...) I am still chasing Pendragon for news after 4 weeks - - - - HERE'S THE INTERESTING BIT - - - - The contract between the Met Office and Pendragon expires this month. I have heard from some inside sources, that they are not having the contract renewed. This would quite possibly explain why I have not heard back regarding the role I went for 4 weeks' ago.
    So get in touch with the client direct and see if they can make an exception in your case to go direct.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Off To Work:
      Get a solicitor involved, enforceable legal action is all they ever respond to.

PinkPoshRat:
      Interesting to hear they may not get a renewal. Considering that Pendragon refuse to lower their percentage when contractors negotiate their own renewals and daily rates... and when it's Pendragon's turn to negotiate a renewal they fail miserably!

I think that's called irony?

Comment

Hit the press with this; Private Eye would lap it up.

If you want a contact there, let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by 0mega View Post
          ... and when it's Pendragon's turn to negotiate a renewal they fail miserably!
          ?
          Probably it`s a case that contract is not going to be renewed rather than failing to negotiate - similar to how a client would not renew us if we didn`t do a decent job.

I heard that the MO were possibly going to scale back the use of contractors anyway this year, after using quite a few over the previous few years followed by doing a fair bit of permie recruitment more recently. So maybe Pendragon have seen through the most lucrative times anyway
          Last edited by SuperZ; 14 July 2009, 13:34.

Comment

The agency are now telling me that the gig will not start until late August at the earliest. Ho hum, yet another waste of time interview.

Comment

Still no payment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
              Hit the press with this; Private Eye would lap it up.

If you want a contact there, let me know.

Out of curiosity what are the details of your contact at private eye???

Comment

Why Private Eye?

Anyway:

http://www.private-eye.co.uk/pages.php?page=contact&

Editorial
                6 Carlisle Street
                London
                W1D 3BN
                UK
                Telephone: +44 (0)20 7437 4017
                Fax: +44 (0)20 7437 0705
                Email: [email protected]
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Interesting. I'm chasing a role through Pendragon at the moment - the only reason I am is because they contacted me first before one of my more usual agencies.

This is all useful information - thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by deej View Post
                    Interesting. I'm chasing a role through Pendragon at the moment - the only reason I am is because they contacted me first before one of my more usual agencies.

This is all useful information - thank you!
                    In a bit of fairness to them, some people have had great experiences with Pendragon. I think when they bag a big client and act as a sole supplier, maybe they push the boundaries of the contract a little (between Pendragon and client) if there are some flaws in it. Or more likely they simply become complacement, taking advantage of the comfortable sole supplier contract they have - which of course they shouldn`t do.

Comment

Met Office are still dealing with Pendragon.
                      An arrangement is being put in place to ensure contractors are paid on time. The Met Office will pay the contractor direct.

Comment

Working...
                      X