• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Solutions AGAIN!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday Solutions AGAIN!!!

I know its been covered several times before but I've just had yet another phone call from them, I said I wasn't interested but he just kept asking if I was happy with my IR35 status and proceeded to go through his crib sheet of scare tactics, does anyone know how their 'solution' actually works? Funny enough he didn't want to go into that bit and I can’t find any explanation on their site? They even mention how MSC's are practically outlawed but I can't see how they could be seen as anything other than one themselves?

Using this if you type in 50k (don't laugh) their solution manages to magic away almost half your taxable income and them magic it back again for your final return?? And how does a car make any difference if it's a private motor?
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

They are persistant aren't they? On the third call I received I got shirty and told them to get lost.

Comment

I just don't see how they can be anything other than a MSC?
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Sunday solutions

Hi

I too had a call from them this morning. After the initial call I did some searching around and found your posts. My recent conversation I felt I had to post my comments too.

When the guy called me back I said I wasn't interested and that I was sticking with my current arrangements.

He was extremely pushy and when I said that I didn't like the way he was talking to me and wanted to be taken off their database, he ended the conversation by saying (threatening?) "I just hope the IR don't catch up with you".

He did keep asking me about my IT equipment at home too - I wouldn't give him any details as I didn't like the tone of the conversation. I had images of getting home to find everything had been stolen.

Not a nice person and not a nice company.

Does anyone know where they are getting our contact details?

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          Using this if you type in 50k (don't laugh) their solution manages to magic away almost half your taxable income and them magic it back again for your final return?? And how does a car make any difference if it's a private motor?
          Just for a laugh I did indeed use that and put in some figures and it shows that I would be worse off going through them as opposed to MyLtdCo. I guess that's the best defence if anyone gets another call from them.

Any salary (I used a per day figure)
          No Partner income, No vehicle, No Pension

FWIW
          "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
          "See?"

Comment

Funny thing, answering no to the car and pension, the calculator won't give you a sunday figure unless your salary is a £100K or above.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I found a good way to lose them the other week.

<Cheerful Nokia ringtone>

"Who's calling please?"

"OK, I just get him. Hang on a mo..."

then went for lunch.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Simply say you have decided to go permanent in the next month or so, that should get shut of them.
                On a similar vein, when cold called from salespeople the usual first question is 'are you the home owner' - my answer to this is 'no, i'm just renting', they lose interest very quickly at that point..

Comment

Have you tried pretending you don't speak English?
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

the more important question as soneone has already said -- where are they
                    getting the numbers from if you have'nt given it to them -- is it a case of agencies selling you out or rather dodgy consultants

Comment

Working...
                    X