• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Personal Credit Check for extension?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see the point of arguing

How else are they supposed to know who the hell you are and if you pose any kind of security risk? I don't see what grounds you have to object other than what that Chakrabati woman from Liberty keeps going on about.
    It's the old argument about for or against compulsory IDs. One doesn't have to carry an ID, however if you are challenged, you have to prove who you are. Same with the company that provides you with a desk, expensive desktops and access to their (maybe) multi-million IT systems. You are saying that anyone can walk in and have access to those?
    Also, companies when trading with each other, have systems in place. The chapters on Risk specify exactly those, I suggest people have a look before arguing against.

Comment

Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
      How else are they supposed to know who the hell you are and if you pose any kind of security risk? I don't see what grounds you have to object other than what that Chakrabati woman from Liberty keeps going on about.
      It's the old argument about for or against compulsory IDs. One doesn't have to carry an ID, however if you are challenged, you have to prove who you are. Same with the company that provides you with a desk, expensive desktops and access to their (maybe) multi-million IT systems. You are saying that anyone can walk in and have access to those?
      Also, companies when trading with each other, have systems in place. The chapters on Risk specify exactly those, I suggest people have a look before arguing against.
      Whoa Whoa - Stay on target - this is about a Personal Credit Check - not an ID check.

Comment

This is a contract on a gov platform and I hold SC clearance - security TICK

If they wanted my financial situaltion then they should have requested DV clearance which would have delved into my financial situation

Believe me the day i started I went through reams of ID check stuff which for this work is fair enough...
        Last edited by jimjamuk; 3 April 2008, 09:23.

Comment

well - end client HR has responded with this vague reason summed up in the paragraph

"Please note, that like many of our Clients (xxx, xxx,xxx), background checks of all individuals working on Client premises has become more rigorous. As a Telco company & one that provides services to many sensitive Clients, having a rigorous process to validate both the companies that they work with & the employees who are visiting their premises or working with their assets is essential good practice"

... now it may be good practice but at no point did I see that this was the company mandatory policy to credit check everyone. Vague HR speak.....

thoughts?

Comment

A load of old waffle - they still haven't said what specific information they require and why, or who will see it and what they will do with that information once they have it. I would be tempted to ask the direct question ...

"What information do you need about my employees and why and what will you do with this sensitive data once you have it.?"
            Last edited by Jubber; 3 April 2008, 15:42.

Comment

Another thread reminded me of this one. What happened in the end.?

J

Comment

It's also possible for credit checks to occur without leaving a footprint in your file; employees in financial institutions are often required to have regular checks.
                B00med!

Comment

Well its all gone quiet here

At the time I told the local permie manager that if they kicked off then I wasn't going to produce said dcoumentation and it would probably mean that I would walk if pushed into a corner - so that has quietened her down.

Made the same hint to the Agency - so its not in their interest to push it any further aswell

I'm guessing until end client HR realise they havent got it then nothing will happen - the day the do though is probably when I start looking for a new role

Comment

Originally posted by jimjamuk View Post
                    Well its all gone quiet here

At the time I told the local permie manager that if they kicked off then I wasn't going to produce said dcoumentation and it would probably mean that I would walk if pushed into a corner - so that has quietened her down.
                    Whilst I agree wholeheartedly with what you're saying here and your reasons for doing so, I feel that you (one) needs to play the game a bit with clients. After all 100% of my contracts have come from contacts and if you start to feck people off then that avenue of income dissappears.

I still wouldn't pass on my personal info though. And FWIW I think that I've been approached about a job with this lot in the reecnt (ish) past. Have they just landed a large contract?
                    "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
                    "See?"

Comment

Working...
                    X