• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Personal Credit Check for extension?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal Credit Check for extension?

Hi Guys,

contract finishes tonight a 5pm and end client wants me in this weekend - to cut a long story short - extension has come through with the added rerquest of the client requiring a personal credit check of all consultants. Need to sign (or not) by 5 - any thoughts?

Personally as with everything else I'm happy for them to crdit check my Ltd but on a personal level the can FA......

jimjamuk

Originally posted by jimjamuk View Post
    Hi Guys,

contract finishes tonight a 5pm and end client wants me in this weekend - to cut a long story short - extension has come through with the added rerquest of the client requiring a personal credit check of all consultants. Need to sign (or not) by 5 - any thoughts?

Personally as with everything else I'm happy for them to crdit check my Ltd but on a personal level the can FA......

jimjamuk
    Have never had this happen to me before. Credit checking your limited sounds like a reasonable enough request but why they would need to do a personal one I am unsure. Anybody else had this?

Comment

Originally posted by jimjamuk View Post
      Hi Guys,

jimjamuk
      Every credit check made reduces your credit rating....

Anyway, it is they who are going to owe you money, it is you who should run a credit check on them.

Comment

Pretty standard

Standard process for all finance (and lately loc/nat gov't) jobs/contracts. Don't want any desperados lurking around.

Comment

Seems a bit odd. Not had a personal credit check in over 10 years contracting.

If it's for a finance company they may be being a bit over zealous.

Have you asked them why?

Comment

exactly!

Just mailed them for a reason - gonna sit it out and get an answer first.

Comment

no for a telco working on a gov secure project - I can only imagine its because its a secure project but I thought that was covered by my SC clearance.

this is my 3rd extension and no-one has asked before....

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                Every credit check made reduces your credit rating....

Anyway, it is they who are going to owe you money, it is you who should run a credit check on them.
                Not true, too many or too few credit checks reduce your credit rating, and an average number of checks (I think it is something like 4 a year) actually improve your credit rating.

Comment

I've had it done twice when I worked for a consultancy.

Both financials though.

Still, I think the check they do is non-intrusive. I check my records regularly and theres no footprint from either of those previous checks.

Nothing to worry yourself about.
                  Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by miffy View Post
                    I've had it done twice when I worked for a consultancy.
                    Seriously? I worked for 4 different consultancies over a 10 year period and never had that or even heard of it.

Comment

Working...
                    X