• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ISEB Practitioner...Tips....???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate to disagree with Mal on this one, but the practitioner courses were (are) 1 discipline* covered over 3 days instead of the manager's cert covering 1 discipline per day.

They cover a a discipline in greater depth than the manager's cert and I would interview the person with a practitioner cert if all other things were equal.

*not sure about the practitioner's cert with 2 disciplines,,,,
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

It depends how you look at ITIL overall. From where I sit, it is a coherent set of core discpliines that interlink with each other to deliver a cohesive Service Management policy. On that basis, I'm not really interested that you know all about Change Management in an ITIL context, I'd rather you knew all about ITIL. YMMV of course.

The deeper problem is that people see ITIL as a methodology: it isn't, it's a set of best practice guidelines. So while I appreciate a Change Manager will benefit from a deep study of the core disciplines in his trade, overall I don't think that is of really high value if you are looking to do a fully ITIL-compliant implementation.

That's all moot with ITIL3 of course, which has turned the Practitioner level exam into qualifiers for the Managers - so it will take even longer (and cost a lot more) to acheive. Which is why I personally won't bother trying.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I don't think that is of really high value if you are looking to do a fully ITIL-compliant implementation.
        I fully agree with you there, but that's why they employ the likes of you and me .

I was thinking more of a Service Ops BAU role...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
        X