• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best Business Bank Account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KevinS View Post
    Interesting - I am with Barclays and have not had a single issue.. Swings and roundabouts and all that, I suppose..
    Same here, been with them 10 years next month and not a single issue. Get a call from my business manager every now and again asking if they can help me in any other way which is nice I guess.

Had zero issues setting up the account initially and found them to be extremely helpful when calling.

Comment

Abbey. Free with cack website that goes offline every night at 11.
      Other than that in a year since setup it's never gone wrong and I've never had to speak to ghandi
      Moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon

Comment

Originally posted by cykophysh39 View Post
        Cater Allen
        Can't fault thyier service.
        Do find the Debit Card a bit useless though for web based payments.
        A few of the sites have problems accepting it
        BT.com, American Express,

But other than that I have found thier services really good. I use the Phone banking and internet banking which seems to work well.
        Never had a problem with the debit card - use it regularly for hotel bills and rail fares.
        Blood in your poo

Comment

Hi,

I use the fee free Abbey business account, and touch wood no problems to date, as with all bank accounts as along as you are in credit.....

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
            I use Lloyds TSB. Chose them because I have a personal account with them, and transfers between the bus account and my personal account takes less than 24 hrs. I too hardly have any direct relationship with anyone there because everything is done online which is relatively easy to use. I get free banking, but no interest.

I think I read that the Bank of Scotland has the highest interest also with free banking, but you have to open with £10k and BoS customer service record is questionable!
            I have a BoS account opened through my halifax branch - only free for a year - service has been good so far and pays decent interest, I opened it with a lot less than 10k (yep I'm a peasant contractor)

Comment

Originally posted by mashetti View Post
              I was (actually still am in a way!) with HSBC as it was very very easy to set up as I was a personal customer. Have to say they have carp rates and it wasn't until I was moving all my money to Cater Allen that they said 'Hey, you have a bit of cash, we can give you a better rate'... too late, too many bad experiences so after my free banking period I was out of there (there were silly little charges for all sorts after free period stopped). I still have an internet only account (no fees) with them as some client's don't understand how to read my invoice and still pay the old account, not the one on the invoice!

Anyway, moved to Cater Allen, pretty painless experience, get nearly 50% better rates, service fantastic, can't complain. I used to do everything on line but now I'm in the habit of just ringing them up (2 rings and straight through to a real person who can action all sorts) and getting them to do all my payments!
              Dinosaur!

Comment

Originally posted by Just1morethen View Post
                Avoid Bank fo Scotland - unless you've got time to prepare a business plan and detailed cash flow projections. Even if you don't want any borrowing you need to provide these so that your relationship manager can "assess your requirements".
                I didn't do any of that - just had to provide them with a copy of the annual report thingy my accountant does for the last couple of years and got an overdraft and deffered visa card.

Comment

Another vote for Abbey. Website is not the most visually appealing but it works.

QB.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
                    Natwest took nearly 4 months to open my account and when I went to see them about a pension at one point they were calling me 20 times a day for a period of a week trying to get me to sign up ! The thing is when you call there call centre the staff freely admit there are big problems on the business banking side but nothing was ever done, I can only assume senior management there dont know of the problems as if I were a senior manager there and I did know I would be kicking serious ass. Natwest was the worst customer services experience I have 'ever' had with any organisation.

I have had no problems with Natwest. My account was set up nearly immediately and everything seems to have gone swimmingly so far. Maybe once the 2 years free runs out I will move, but not until and even then, it would depend on their charges. You must have a carp business manager in your area.

Comment

Working...
                    X